UKC

Sandstone Volunteers Group - Work over the winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graham Ad 29 Nov 2011
The next SVG work day will be on Sunday the 11th December 2011.

There is work to be done at both High Rocks and Bulls Hollow and I'm hoping we can get enough help to do both crags in one day.

At High Rocks, we'll need 10 - 12 helpers with bowsaws and loppers to trim back the Sycamore stumps below the north end of the crag - First Crack to Krankenkopf Crack and also to trip some Rhodies from the top of the crag - that'll require a few ropes and harnesses etc. We'll also carry out the bolt testing on the Hut Boulder.

At Bulls Hollow we'll need 6 - 8 helpers - the area below the rocks is becoming very overgrown and needs to be cut back to ensure the wind can freely flow through the hollow and keep it as dry as possible by natural means.

I know it's near Christmas and if we don't get enough support, I'll reschedule the work for January.

As usual, old clothes! If you have a bowsaw and/or loppers, please bring them along. Might be an idea to bring a packed lunch as well.

Meet at High Rocks 10:00. We'll decide then if we have enough to do BH as well.

Any queries, please ask me and please let me know if you can come out and help so that I can assess whether we have enough.

Thanks for your continued support of the SVG.

Graham.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...