UKC

NEWS: Major Film Feature Next Week on UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Dec 2011
Adam Hocking making the second ascent of Return of the King (E9) on Scafell's East Buttress, 4 kbNext week (Mon 5th to Fri 9th of Dec) we have a major film feature going live on UKC.

Kendal Festival hit Islands: Traditional Tales of Lakeland Climbing is Dom Bush's début film, and will be going live on the site in three parts spread over the week, culminating in next week's Friday Night Video.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65313

Harry Ellis 02 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:
That's great news Dom. Was gutted I didn't catch it at Kendal so really looking forward to seeing it.
Harry
Dom Bush 02 Dec 2011
In reply to thegoatstroker: Harry me old mukka. Thanks very much, hope you enjoy it mate. Catch up soon hopefully. Dom
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 02 Dec 2011
In reply to thegoatstroker: Awesome, I look forward to it.

Good effort to Dom for allowing the film to be shown.
 Skyfall 02 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Great stuff - look forward to it. Trailer looks great, particularly Woody using naughty language
 Matt Pycroft 02 Dec 2011
It's great that this is being shown as a mini series - it will be a brilliant way to view the film.

I know how hard Dom worked on this project, and in reality it is the culmination of what was a great three years at university. It shows how much he has developed as a filmmaker, and I'm tremendously proud to see how far Dom has come in such a small space of time.

I can remember when he came up with the idea for the film, and was interested in making it for no reason other than the love of it, so to see it featured on UKC is incredible. Thanks to UKC for supporting grass roots filmmaking indeed!

Franco Cookson 02 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

YES. Set me free in a land of lakes.
 JanBella 02 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: is it gonna be available on dvd as well?
 Puppythedog 03 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: I'm sure I'm being dense but what's meant by 'live'? will it be on at a certain time like a television program and then no longer available? will it be more like the Maya series, released bit at a time but available 'on-demand?'
 creag 03 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: OK, I'll bite... What is with Adam's Army/Navy surplus jumper?
 Harry Ellis 03 Dec 2011
In reply to creag: It's in a fine tradition, surely!
Check out the "80's Birth of Extreme" DVD for Dawes and Prtitchard in some quality Christmas jumper action.
 ditchy 04 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Does Woody use naughty language? He was "best man" at my wedding and he didn't swear for nearly 2 minutes. Awesome effort Woody!
Dom Bush 04 Dec 2011
In reply to puppythedog: Hi mate. In the article Jack wrote 'going live'. That generally just means that its going to be available on the net to view. Not what you would think of in the live TV sense.

Dom Bush 04 Dec 2011
In reply to ditchy: Yup its Woody with the flowery language.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...