UKC

Alpkit-Phud Bouldering Mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan Jam 06 Dec 2011
I wish they would get a move on and get the new ones out. Anyone got any idea when it might happen?
Mark Duncan 18 Dec 2011
In reply to Daniel James:
> I wish they would get a move on and get the new ones out. Anyone got any idea when it might happen?

I found this on Alpkit's website.

New Bouldering Mat (To Replace the Classic Phud)

All Colours and Sizes

TBC

We are setting up our UK factory to make the best mats around. We are hoping production will start in early January with the first one being ready by the end of January

On Time
 James Malloch 18 Dec 2011
In reply to Daniel James:

Quick question regarding the current mats...

Is it hard to get the foam back in once taken out? Mine was reversed over by a land rover and the shoulder strap broke and needs sewing. Would just be easier if I took it out but I'm worried I wont get it back in.

Sorry for jumping in this tread but it's sort of relevant...
In reply to Daniel James: Looking at the prototype photo on the website, it looks like one of "faults" most people seem to find has been sorted. IT HAS ROUNDED CORNERS!!!!!
 Alex@home 19 Dec 2011
In reply to James Malloch:

think i read somewhere that taking foam out invalidates the warranty - best to check with alpkit first.

anyone know how much the new ones are going to be and whether there's going to be a similar deal to the old one of phud + woomf for £120?
 Fraser 19 Dec 2011
In reply to James Malloch:
> (In reply to Daniel James)
>
> Quick question regarding the current mats...
>
> Is it hard to get the foam back in once taken out?

No, it's really easy. I've done it a few times when the outer cover has needed cleaning after a particularly muddy session. One of the inner layers has a very thin plastic sheath over it which acts as a slip-membrane against the other piece of foam.
 James Malloch 19 Dec 2011
Fantastic thank you!
 Fraser 19 Dec 2011
In reply to Alex@home:
> (In reply to James Malloch)
>
> think i read somewhere that taking foam out invalidates the warranty -

That really doesn't sound right. Must be an urban myth! Why would they have the velcro closure ends if they weren't supposed to be used?
 Alex@home 20 Dec 2011
In reply to Fraser:

it was in the old phud description on their site which included:

"Open the velcro and let the mat air to dry. Be careful if you do remove the foam as we do not cover this as a warranty claim."

don't know if it's daft as i haven't got one, i'm just the messenger...
 remus Global Crag Moderator 20 Dec 2011
In reply to Alex@home: I'd interpret that as 'if you damage the foam in the process of removing it we don't cover that on warranty', not 'removing the foam voids the warranty.'
 Fraser 20 Dec 2011
In reply to Alex@home:

That's interesting but it does sound a bit odd as removal and reinsertion isn't a problem. Okay, it's a slight footer, but I've done it several times without damaging the foam.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...