UKC

B3 Winter Mountain Boots for Narrow feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tnj 07 Dec 2011
Hi,

I am looking for B3 Winter Boots for ice climbing and Alpine Winter that have a narrow fit, especially in the heel. At the moment I am using Kayland Mountain Ice boots but after much playing with insoles/sock combinations/lacing systems I still get bad heel lift and blisters. I know this topic has been brought up before but most recommendations have been for B2 summer boots. Any advice appreciated!

Tom
 Neil Pratt 07 Dec 2011
In reply to tnj:

I have a similar problem with narrow heels, although I have fairly wide feet at the front. I discovered that La Sportiva boots work really well for me - started off with Nepal Evos, then decided they were unnecessarily stiff for the level of walking/mountaineering I do these days, and switched to the Trango Alp last year. I find them really comfy for walking in, warm enough for me, (and they could be beefed up with a Yeti gaiter if need be), and stiff enough for the sort of grade I/II winter climbing that I do.

If you're looking for something stiffer, you could go either for the Nepal EVOs, or the Trango Primes if you can get them in the UK?
 apd 07 Dec 2011
In reply to tnj: Try brands such as Scarpa that have a comparatively narrow foot width.
Paul F 07 Dec 2011
In reply to tnj:

I've a narrow heel and La Sportiva Nepal Evo's fit me superbly well.
OP tnj 12 Dec 2011
In reply to tnj:

Thanks for the advice guys. I have tried the EVO Extremes and the fit is excellent. However, after doing a bit of leteral thinking I may have found a cheaper solution!
I'm going to see if I can use my Trango Extreme S for Icefall Climbing and winter walking as I used them successfully with a yeti gaitor in Scotland for years. As for colder stuff, after thinking about it I realised I ski-in to do most higher altitude winter climbing and so will be in my touring boots anyway.

Cheers again

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...