UKC

Elbow injury that doesn't feel like tendonitis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BruceWee 13 Dec 2011
So, I couldn't find any information on the symptoms that I'm experiencing so I thought I'd check here before I see the doctor.

Last year I did quite a crimpy route. It felt fine when I was on it but then once I came back down I noticed a dull pain in my elbows that got gradually worse and worse over the course of about 15 minutes until I felt like I couldn't move my arms because of the pain. After about an hour or so it felt OK again. While the pain was getting worse I carried on climbing and it actually felt fine while climbing but got sore as soon as I stopped. I took a couple of weeks off and after that it seemed ok.

So, a few weeks ago I was working on some overhanging juggy problems and the same thing happened again. I took a few days off and then came back to climbing. Since then I've noticed the pain getting worse and worse. It seems to be ok when I'm doing stuff, including climbing, but when I'm resting I really notice it. Oddly enough it doesn't seem too bad when I go to bed.

Doesn't sound like any symptoms I've read about so I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be.
 Skyfall 13 Dec 2011
In reply to BruceWee:

where abouts in your elbows is the pain?
BruceWee 13 Dec 2011
In reply to JonC: It's not really localised but if I had to pick an area I'd say just below the elbow on the upper part of my arm.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...