UKC

New route Northern Coires - Check out Greg Boswell's blog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Mountains 14 Dec 2011
Fantastic & terrifying account of a new route 'Siberian Tiger' IX/10 climbed in the Northern Coires by Guy Robertson, Pete MacPherson & Greg Boswell.

http://gregboswell.blogspot.com/2011/12/fighting-tiger.html
 Milesy 14 Dec 2011
Is Greg only 20? Makes you feel sick lol
In reply to Milesy:

Reading the account made me feel sick.
 CurlyStevo 14 Dec 2011
In reply to Andy Mountains:
respect - sounds out there.
 Ron Walker 14 Dec 2011
> Fantastic & terrifying account of a new route 'Siberian Tiger' IX/10 climbed in the Northern Coires by Guy Robertson, Pete MacPherson & Greg Boswell.
>
> http://gregboswell.blogspot.com/2011/12/fighting-tiger.html

Impressive account and really good read... My hands were sweating and I felt quite faint as I read it!!!!

Cheers Ron
 d508934 14 Dec 2011
In reply to Ron Walker:

indeed. I tried to compare the height of my three storey office block with the 11m fall his climbing buddy took - really made me relaise what a big lob that is!
 Jackwd 14 Dec 2011
In reply to Andy Mountains: Read this yesterday, looks like some scary s**t! It is however, these type of blogs that make me want to winter climb. Sounds like a great adventure!
 hexcentric 14 Dec 2011

Has anyone seen his testicles?

I reckon they are the size of coconuts and hard as steel (with an insulating coating obviously).

Respect to the strong yoof.
 Hay 14 Dec 2011
Nice to see a young climber willing to run a rope up for the older guys
 petemacpherson 14 Dec 2011
In reply to Hay: How very dare you, i'm just a young laddy myself
 TheseKnivesMan 14 Dec 2011

I think yer man Greg is gonna be the star of the season after the start he's had, only two weeks into meteorological winter.
 Erik B 14 Dec 2011
In reply to petemacpherson: great effort pete, and brave getting back on it, just a shitty crystally hook away from success!
 Erik B 14 Dec 2011
In reply to TheseKnivesMan: strong words, never discount the auld yins!
 Alex Slipchuk 14 Dec 2011
In reply to petemacpherson: well done Pete. Hope the jetboil kit is working for you.
 TheseKnivesMan 14 Dec 2011
In reply to Erik B:

Of course! What I probably meant was Boswell will become a recognised name next to Pete M, Martin Moran etc
 jas wood 14 Dec 2011
In reply to Andy Mountains: sounds like this winter is going to be action packed at the naughty end of the grading scale, cracking looking route and great account.
In reply to The Big Man: Cheers Big Man will email you soon, well done on Fingers ridge, quality route.

Cheers Pete
In reply to petemacpherson: cheers for that. Walked off in full moon, quality moment.
In reply to Erik B: Aye Erik, its just the way the cookie crumbles as it were. New routing at your absolute limit is a funny business at times. The potential to get smashed to bits is rather high at times. Anyway more importantly Mr Boswell is a total dude, who happens to be a brilliant winter climber.

Cheers Pete
 rogerwebb 14 Dec 2011
In reply to petemacpherson:
> The potential to get smashed to bits is rather high at times.
>

Pete you sound like Roddy!

Nice one

In reply to Erik B: you in Glasgow these days.

Alex
 Toby S 15 Dec 2011
In reply to petemacpherson:
> (In reply to Hay) How very dare you, i'm just a young laddy myself

Did you mean to stick that extra 'd' in there Pete? :-D

Greg's enthusiasm shines through his blogposts. Sounds like the future of winter climbing is in safe hands. Makes a punter like me feel very inadequate though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...