UKC

NEWS: Stew Watson Climbs The Ace - Font 8B

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Jan 2012
Stewart Watson competing in Sheffield., 4 kbTop British competition boulderer Stewart Watson grabbed a gap in the terrible weather last week to nab an ascent of the famous Stanage boulder problem The Ace (Font 8B).

The Ace, first climbed by Jerry Moffatt, is the low start to the campus-style problem The Joker at the classic Peak gritstone venue of The Plantation Boulders, Stanage Edge.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65871
 Niall Grimes 04 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News:

This is a great video, especially at the end

vimeo.com/6640271
In reply to UKC News: Well done Stewbacca!

Here's a short video of Paul Robinson doing the same problem for those not familiar....

vimeo.com/29376634
BuffaloBill 04 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News: Expect it to be ticked by Will Atkinson soon too. He got to the final throw on monday and slipped off the holds. He can do laps on the joker so shouldn't be long before the lanky homo gets it
andyjjj 05 Jan 2012
In reply to wando77:

I can't decide which is best... being able to do laps of the joker or being mates with someone who thinks it's fine to call people 'lanky homos' on climbing forums...

Niall Grimes 05 Jan 2012
In reply to andyjjj: Is that being lankist?
In reply to Niall Grimes: You might not think it to look at him, but its true, he is in fact Homo Sapiens.
In reply to andyjjj:

Yes, it's amazing how UKC's censorship policy does and doesn't operate, isn't it?

Worrying trend, actually, Bit like those no-mark Brits (I forget who they were) who put some unpleasant banner up while climbing El Cap recently.

jcm
 simes303 06 Jan 2012
In reply to Niall Grimes:

He is a happy man indeed.
 metal arms 06 Jan 2012
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> Worrying trend, actually, Bit like those no-mark Brits (I forget who they were) who put some unpleasant banner up while climbing El Cap recently.
>
> jcm

No marks that repeated The Reticent Wall.

Back on topic - Nice one Stew
BuffaloBill 06 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News: sorry I forgot that climbers can't make fun of their mates in forums. I'll rephrase it for those who I offended.

Shouldn't be long before the rather tall chap who likes men gets it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...