UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Macedonia Bouldering - Markovi Kuli

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Jan 2012
FRI NIGHT VID: Macedonia Bouldering - Markovi Kuli, 3 kbThis well made video is about an exciting-looking bouldering area in Macedonia - Markovi Kuli. The boulders appear to be large granite blocks with patinas and huecos and look similar to those at Hueco Tanks. Not much more is known about the area although we have been able to figure out the...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65910
 Tom Last 06 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent, what a great looking place, that last problem looks well skill!

Love the description of aid climbing and the harsh punch to the nads.
 LaMentalist 06 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Nice video , great music & what a place brings back memories . . . 80)
 scoth 06 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News: love the last scene, gave me a big grin because we've all been there!
 Alex Mason 06 Jan 2012
In reply to scottvivii: I thought the point was hardly anyone had been there
karel_zavrsnik 06 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News: Hi! I've been to Prilep this fall and have to say that it has huge potential. The guidebook is not yet done, but you can find the exact location and grade of some boulders on this map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=sl&vps=2&jsv=338b&...
I think that up until now most of the boulders were climbed by Slovenian climbers.
And also the locals are trying hard to develop their climbing area.
Kind regards from Slovenia!
In reply to karel_zavrsnik:

Thanks for that. I have updated the map.

Alan
 PeteH 07 Jan 2012
Brilliant video, I thought - thanks for sharing it! Decent soundtrack, good light, good composition, great problems, light-hearted...

Must confess I got a kick out of the stop-motion bouldering mat sequence

Pete.
 tallsop 07 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Wow! that looks amazing! where the f*ck is macedonia? Looks like a mini bishop! maybe ill be able to afford the flight to this place!

Nice video guys, that last problem looks absolutely fantastic!
Good light hearted vid. Not much for the "vaseline on lens" focus though.
 Jackwd 07 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News: The problem at 1.00 looks amazing.
sharkeydan 07 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News: Well I'm sat at Luton airport now waiting to board my plane to Macedonia. Think I will be making a trip to prelip.
Macedonia is found between Albania and Bulgaria and north of Greece.
 slapperv6 07 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Really enjoyable video, thanks for that!

J
 chris wyatt 07 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC News: Excellent. One day I would like to visit there
 Mali-911 09 Jan 2012
Hi to all. i'm from Macedonia. As you've seen the video its great place and its really big. The city you need to visit is Prilep where you can find cheep accomodation, and the boldering, trad, aid climbing place to see its HUGE, more than 10 km2 of GRANIT. What is very important is that all the bolders are pretty close to the city.
If anyone is intersted in visiting this place feel free to contact me at any time

Mali-911 09 Jan 2012
And i have to add that Youth National Team of Slovenia was here just 1 mounth ago. The Slovenians somhow love this place as its worm with great potential, of course the food and dring its cheep as well.
Tonpres Lukas 12 Jan 2012
I've been there last year, met some great people, good climbers, and what is most important climbed a lot !!!
what i have seen round Prilep is only 10% of what you can climb out there,
Grades vary, easy 5s , lot of 6s and 7s, 've seen some good 8's aswell.

Markovi Kuli is not the only area round town where you can climb. There is Baba area, even bigger than M.Kuli and Dabnica area where me and my Austrian friends established few good boulder problems and a very nice tred line.

Can't wait till March

Tonpres Lukas 17 Jan 2012
24-25 MARCH 2012 / Prilep Boldering festival / Macedonia

C U THERE!!
Tonpres Lukas 05 Feb 2012
they have changed the date

"Krali Marko" International Boulder meeting.
30, 31 March - 01 April 2012, Prilep, Macedonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...