UKC

Ice Axe to pair with a DMM Cirque

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Boulderdash86 09 Jan 2012
I have a DMM cirque and was wondering what ice axe would complement this one as when I was up in Scotland a few weeks back a second ice axe would have been well needed? Or should I just get another DMM Cirque?
 hokkyokusei 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86:

If you can't afford to buy two matched axes, get a Fly. I've climbed with a Cirque and a Fly up to II/III. You can always get another Fly later.
 JLS 09 Jan 2012

I'd have thought getting hold of a DMM Fly Hammer would be a reasonable up-grade path.
 niallk 09 Jan 2012

If you're looking to limit costs get a Fly as others have suggested, rather than another Cirque as this will allow you to then upgrade to a full pair of tech tools later more cheaply. Also, not sure they do a Cirque hammer (a hammer likely to be handy sooner or later).

Or if you've got a bit more money, consider whether you want to get a matched pair now and what you want those to be (Flys, Quarks, Reactor etc etc). This would avoid having a redundant Fly hammer or two cirques if at some point in the not too distant future you find yourself plumping for a more technical set.
 TobyA 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86: I have an almost new DMM Fly hammer that has been used only a couple of times. You can have it for 65 quid. I'm also based in the London area so could exchange it at the Westway to save on postage.
OP Boulderdash86 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Chuckinpomgolia: What size, could you send some photos please.
In reply to Boulderdash86: It's the Standard Size (50cm)
I'll take a couple of photos tonight. But in the meantime it looks almost Identical to this:
http://www.snowandrock.com/dmm%20fly%20hammer%20(ind%20deluxe%20choke%20hol...
 alastairbegley 10 Jan 2012
In reply to Chuckinpomgolia:
if it doesn't work out with Boulderdash86 then i am also interested in your fly!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...