UKC

Hope pro 2 evo or nukeproof hubs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
antony638 10 Jan 2012
As it says on the tin really, I like the look of the Nukeproof gererator hubs but have seen a couple of bad reveiews. They will be on my mountain bike used for everything but serious down hill. Thanks
Removed User 10 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638: Love the Hopes, rebuildable free wheel and you don't need a bell!Clac, clac, clac, clac, clac.................
antony638 10 Jan 2012
In reply to Removed User: So i hear... do they sound cheap?
Removed User 10 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638:
> (In reply to IainFP) So i hear... do they sound cheap?

Absolutely not! But it is a love/hate thing, the ultimate finishing touch on a Five with that big echoey swingarm ;O)

dan 10 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638: Pro 2`s every time Ive got them on a set of Mavic rims and they are bomb proof, and the sound is cool too!
 itsThere 10 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638: if you sign up to the news letter on merlin they will give you some more money off

also have hopes
 steev 10 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638:

Hopes.
 Taurig 10 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638:

Both good hubs, I wouldn't let a few bad Generator reviews put you off. Could you comment on what the reviews said was wrong with them?

I've been running a 150x12mm rear Generator wheel on my DH bike for about a year now and have very little to say about it, it just does the job. The only thing I've had to do is change the outermost bearing on the drive side, but I ride year round and I don't think this is unreasonable. Hub comes apart for servicing easily. Not as noisy as the Hope, but wether you like the noise or not is personal preference.
 jezzah 10 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638:

Hope- they sound lovely too....click, click, click.... Just had mine rebuilt after 7yrs hard use... cost of rebuild hub (replacement bits and bobs inside the freewheel came to about £40) and now I have a new one as good as new! Result.
cb294 11 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638:

A pro2 rear hub recently died on me, two spokes torn out during road use (winter commuting). Can´t recommend, despite the nice sound and finish.

CB

Dangerous Dave 11 Jan 2012
In reply to cb294:
> (In reply to antony638)
>
> A pro2 rear hub recently died on me, two spokes torn out during road use (winter commuting). Can´t recommend, despite the nice sound and finish.
>
> CB

I would be sending that hub back to hope. Their customer service is 2nd to none. I bet they will sort you out with a new one.

The Pro 2's are good, cheap and easy to rebuild.

Stone Muppet 11 Jan 2012
In reply to antony638: £120 Cheap??! Seen these, I wonder how they fare... http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=34...
In reply to cb294:
> (In reply to antony638)
>
> A pro2 rear hub recently died on me, two spokes torn out during road use (winter commuting). Can´t recommend, despite the nice sound and finish.
>
> CB

bet you never oiled them did you? salt has attacked the ally I guess.
cb294 11 Jan 2012
In reply to unclesamsauntibess:

That´s a generous assumption, I always thought I was simply too heavy...

Seriously, my suspicion is that the whole setup might have been too stiff.

CB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...