UKC

Mammut Drytooling Comp @ Awesome Walls Liverpool - CANCELLED

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
23 - 25 March EVENT CANCELLED
Unfortunately Awesome Walls Liverpool has had to cancel the dry-tooling event scheduled for 23 - 25 March. Apologies to all.

Dry-tooling at Awesome

We still have dry-tooling facilities available at Liverpool with dedicated drytooling room available to use any time - http://liverpool.awesomewalls.co.uk/index.php/gallery/

Awesome Walls Stockport has a 14 metre two-tier telegraph pole that's available to train on ('whack the hell out of!') on Friday evenings 7pm - 10pm. Saturday and Sunday 6pm - 8pm. http://www.flickr.com/photos/65236879@N03/6719934823/

Awesome Walls Liverpool, Stockport and Stoke all have Schmoolz available to hire £2 pair during January 2012 (normally £4.00 per pair).

Cheers

The Awesome Walls Crew
Liverpool/Stockport/Stoke-on-Trent/??????

Awesome Walls Climbing Centres Ltd - 'Catering for all climbing disciplines and abilities'

Mike Nolan 25 Jan 2012
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Dave, any chance we could have a chance to lead the back wall on tools before the competition? Even just one route to have a play around on for a few hours a week would be enough, it's a bit daunting otherwise because the routes upstairs aren't very long and don't require clipping/risking falls etc.

Thanks a lot,
Mike
In reply to Mike Nolan:

Hi Mike

I'm sure we can set a route or two up the back wall soon.

We'll put specific times that the wall can be drytooled on.

I'll email you and post up here when this becomes available.

Cheers

Dave D
 Mike Nolan 03 Feb 2012
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Thanks Dave, I know a lot of people will really appreciate that!
 tom290483 06 Feb 2012
In reply to D Douglas:
> (In reply to Mike Nolan)
>
> I'm sure we can set a route or two up the back wall soon.
>
>
That would be quality. Keep us all informed Dave!
 JM 13 Feb 2012
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Hi Dave is there any chance that more hard sport routes can be set on the back wall? Whilst my 6 monthly pass is great value for money the current set of routes have been there a very long time. Also, the routes always seem to be capped at Fr8a. Would it be possible to have something around 8b put up?
In reply to JM:

The back wall will not be reset until after the drytooling festival now apart for two or three drytooling routes to be put up soon.

I'll make sure there's a few harder routes put up for you when it does get reset.

Thanks for the feed back.

Dave D.
 JM 14 Feb 2012
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Thanks for your reply Dave. Five months is too long though for a set of routes to be up! Does dry tooling really have to creep in the sport/trad climbing training areas although I guess the back wall could accommodate more routes. Thanks in advance for sorting out some harder routes.

Cheers,
John
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool:

Has this been done yet? Not heard any news, was in today and didn't see them?
 Mike Nolan 24 Feb 2012
In reply to The Green Giant: Some new routes have been set on the back wall the the leading ladder. They've removed (from right to left) orange, yellow(maybe?), white, blue and black. And replaced with a 6c, 7b, 7c and 8a. Still no sign of a tooling route.
 goldmember 24 Feb 2012
In reply to Mike Nolan: toolin's for tools :P
In reply to Mike Nolan:

Boo, I'll get onto them again.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...