UKC

B2/B3 boots for long (size13) narrow feet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Preuss 19 Jan 2012
Having seen some of the limitations of my B1s in the alps, I'm on the lookout for some stiffer boots for Scottish winter and summer Alpine mountaineering.

I'm having trouble finding a pair of B2 or B3 boots that fit me well - a number of boots don't go up to size 48/49 (or they do 48s but they don't fit.

I managed to get a pair of size 49 Nepal Extremes to fit pretty well in a shop, but just as I'd about convinced myself to part with my cash, I was told that they cost £50 more in my size!!

So any thoughts on boots to try, or on places with the Nepal Extremes for cheaper in size 49?
 nw 19 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon Preuss: Let me know if you have any luck! I'm size 13 too, and trying to replace my B2 salomons which are getting on abit. Unfortuantely they don't seem to make them anymore. Having scoured the internet I could only find nepals, and like you was a bit fecked off with the price. Found some decent looking Lowas on Zalando.co.uk, ordered them, got sent a pair of size 12's, and was then told that the sizes on the (uk) website are US sizes. Which isn't stated on the site. Irritating!
 TicTacBigToe 19 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon Preuss: asolo sherpas are pretty narrow but not as technical as extremes. It's hard work finding narrow boots! I opted to stick my my extremes in the end.
 kbow265 19 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon Preuss: Kayland Apex Rock boots (B2) are fairly narrow fitting, but not sure if or where you can get them in the UK. And I don't think they come in any colour other than bright orange...
 mrchewy 19 Jan 2012
In reply to TicTacBigToe: Yeh Asolo are pretty narrow.
OP Simon Preuss 20 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon Preuss:
How comfortable are the sherpas to walk in? - I hear they have a slightly unusual rocking motion with the sole.
Also does heel lift seem to be much of a problem? (I had a bad experience with some Asolos a good few years ago - resulting in very painful heels / achilles tendons)
How roomy is the toe box?
 kermit_uk 20 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon Preuss:

I'm a size 14 euro 50 and had no choice but to go with nepal extremes. I have very narrow feet and they fit very well I do use orthotics and have a volume reducer in them but used them in Scotland this past week and the were superb. I was buying a load of kit so got mine knocked down to same price as normal sizes.

I looked everywhere for size 50 and couldnt find any. only thing was scarpa sl's but yhey weren't stiff enough for what I wanted. seems noone wants to cater for us bigger footed people!

Expensive but an investment and quality boots.

Cam
 mrchewy 20 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon Preuss: I just spent two weeks in my Asolos Llotse GVs, no other shoes with me and did a fair amount of miles on snow free paths - not a problem at all for me. Had one blister on the back of my heel but I had that before I left, due to new work boots ads it didn't get any worse.
The La Sportivas all had a slightly roomier heel it felt to me but everyone's feet are different.
I was dreading the whole hols in B3 boots but as it happened... no probs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...