Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Pakistan, again!

D_Wills - on 19 Jan 2012
So I have been invited to a friends wedding in Pakistan in June and have decieded that I'll make the journey across. After speaking to quite a lot of folk encouraging me I'm going to seek some advice from the UKC wisdon (and yes i have searched the forums and seen what there is too say). The wedding is in Karachi but i was thinking about making a trip of it and going for 2-3 weeks. I have been warned by some over zealous friends/family that travelling alone is not a good idea / stupid and the foriegn office seem to back this but i am not too worried - stupid?? I was also thing about travelling up to the north / kashmir / into India and whilst i know this isn't recommended, how dangerous will it be (I am a reasonably well seasoned traveller). Whilst not wanting to carry a full rack and climbing gear is it going to be possible to climb if i take my shoes or will it be unbearably hot? Does anyone have any must see's or things to avoid? Also any particually cheap ways to get there?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for any errors in spelling/grammer for those UKC users apsiring to be Lynn Truss
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums