/ Mick Fowler: Spirit of Adventure lecture - London

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
BorisVBlade - on 20 Jan 2012
The Imperial College Exploration Society is pleased to invite you to a lecture given by the "mountaineer's mountaineer". Mick Fowler will talk about a lifetime of exploratory climbing in locations ranging from the white cliffs of Dover, to sea stacks off the coast of Scotland to the Himalaya.

Venue: Physics Lecture Theatre 1, Blackett Laboratory, Imperial College, Prince Consort Road, South Kensington, London, SW7

Date: Tuesday 31st January, 7.00pm.

Price: Free for all students. 5 for others.

Places and tickets can be reserved by e-mailing exploration@imperial.ac.uk with the subject line FOWLER. Payment for for non-students tickets will be on the door.
southern sam - on 29 Jan 2012
Will tickets ordered online be posted out or collected on the door? Just curious as I had to pay an exter fiver postage on my ticket.

Sam
BorisVBlade - on 31 Jan 2012
In reply to southern sam: Hi Sam. Please bring a printout of the order confirmation with you. That will gain you entry, we will also reimburse the 5 that you paid for postage, as it was a mistake in the system. Thanks for highlighting this.
In reply to BorisVBlade: There are still plenty of seats available, so payment can be made on the door without prior researvation.
jwonder - on 31 Jan 2012
I was just wondering exactly when the lecture starts. Here and a few other places it says 7pm, but on the shop page where I bought my ticket it says 6.30.

Thanks,

Jim
In reply to jwonder: Hi Jim, the doors will open at 6.30 and the lecture will start at 7.00.

Thanks,

Boris
mkmike - on 31 Jan 2012
In reply to BorisVBlade:

Any of these lectures happen in the Milton Keynes area.? I cant get to london for 7 from here after work.
In reply to mkmike: I am afraid not, sorry. We're a society at Imperial College so we host all of the talks on Campus. There might be other talks which are located closer to Milton Keynes, but I don't know of any specific ones. Some good talks are organised by the RGS in South Kensington and they might start later, it's worth checking their website.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.