UKC

Recommend a Waterproof jacket?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 25 Jan 2012
with a couple of good sales still going and getting paid at the end of the week. Can anyone recommend me a good water proof jacket? Around the £150 mark, ideally a fairly rugged one as I always feel i'd just shred the super light weight ones. Hopefully will be a jacket for hiking, scrambling and climbing in terrible weather.
 Run_Ross_Run 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Kemics:

If your after a tough ish one then I managed to get a Mera Peak for 170 a few weeks back.

It feels pretty robust. No exactly lightweight though.
 MonkeyPuzzle 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Kemics:

I recently bought a Montane Mohawk. Ridiculously over-priced by Montane but I picked one up for £160-ish online. It is relatively light but has reinforcement in the shoulders and feels really durable. I wouldn't take it up any chimneys but I intend to use it for climbing and scrambling and have no worries doing so. Nice cut, truly waterproof zips and a really good hood with or without a helmet.
 frecro 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Kemics:

I'm selling a nearly new Mountain Equipment Ogre, blue medium, if you're interested - its a totally bombproof all round mountaineering jacket that I would recommend to anyone.

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/clothing/waterproof/ogre_jacke...

let me know

Freddie
 Will Legon 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Kemics: You've got to be insane in a membrane - go for soft shell - this Paramo will sort you out for a life time of abuse: http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/paramo-alta-2-mens-waterproof-jacket-p129059 ... The most breathable kit and it won't die on you in three years time either. But beware - Paramo is like Marmite ...
 Loki 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Kemics:

Always been a fan of the Patagonia Ascensionist if you can find one. Should be going for around about your budget.
 dregsy 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Kemics:
Cotswold are selling hagloffs at 50% off,had an email off them today. Also there's a guy selling paramo seconds on ebay you can pick up a velez for about £95. I bought an aspira smock off ebay bnwt for £97 which I have to say having used it lots in the harshest conditions I'm chuffed to bits with. Whenever I buy gear I tend to decide what I'm after and wait for it to come up on the web. Some cracking bargains this year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...