UKC

Merrell Refuge Gore-Tex Shoes, or other approach shoes...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 02 Feb 2012
Finally going to get some approach shoes after too long wearing crappy trainers into the peak.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/merrell-refuge-pro-gtx-p184714

Has anyone used the Merrell pair linked above?

I'm basically after an all year round shoe to keep my feet warmer (in winter) when standing around that will last a while, and with better grip than my trainers. They are £108 in go outdoors but I can hopefully get them down to £65ish with their 'beat a cheaper price by 10% deal', so they are quite a good price.

Any other recommendations around a similar price are welcome.

Cheers
James
 Call-Me-Bryce 03 Feb 2012
In reply to James Malloch:

I'm sorry to say, but with mine I would describe them as utter sh*te. Upper split from sole where the thin leather is with 3 mnts. The grip on the soles not bad though.....
 Mike-W-99 03 Feb 2012
In reply to Call-Me-Bryce:

The wife has destroyed 2 pairs of Merrells in quick succession. One pair lasted 6 weeks the other about 10 weeks. Merrell replaced both pairs. They don't seem to make them as well as they used to...
 Ygraine67 03 Feb 2012
Love my Merrells. They by far beat trainers in terms of comfort and warmth. I've had these for 9 months or so now and they have been hammered on and off road.
They are probably the most comfortable shoe I've owned, they wear well and mine are easy to clean. I will be buying another pair soon.
 Darkskys 04 Feb 2012
In reply to Mike_Watson_99: Mike said it spot on...they used to be great now the work is done elsewhere they're not as good.
 James Oswald 04 Feb 2012
In reply to James Malloch:
James - I would recommend going to Decathlon. I got a pair of (seemingly) good quality approach(like) shoes over Christmas for about £30. They seem good so far.
 Arcticboy 04 Feb 2012
In reply to James Oswald:

I've had two pairs of Decathlon shoes and in both cases the soles collapsed. I've now had 5.10 Tennies for a year and they're lush. V12 have them for £54.99 at the minute.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...