UKC

Climbing technology nuptse fully auto crampon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber34neil 03 Feb 2012
In response to recent thread where someone found a borrowed pair to be scarily inadequate, I have a pair of these and have used them on ice of all angles up to vertical and slightly overhanging on short sections and have found them to perform well in these situations . I have had no cause for concern regarding the function, performance or quality of these and considering the price tag have been totally satisfied thus far with them. I have used them in conjunction with CT fly hook axes which I would also recommend and have found them to give fantastic performance on ice of all angles and steepness (ps I don't work for them!!)
 Taurig 03 Feb 2012
In reply to climber34neil:

Do you use the axes leashless? I'm hoping to make the move from winter walking to climbing maybe next season and I'm thinking why not start off leashless, so the price of the CT Flys does pique my interest. More importantly, can you change the picks on them, as I can't see any spares on the CT site?
OP climber34neil 03 Feb 2012
In reply to Taurig: Yes they are ideally suited to leash less which really in my opinion is the only way to go given the ease of use, placing screws, gear etc. the head adze and hammer are single pieces and are fully changeable , light weight picks ( nomic) style are also available as are additional weights. I also fitted mine with quark triggers which allow more flexibility of use, a pinkie rest and a different handle option, grip tape above the triggers is also a good idea. So even with the extras you still get a great set of tools at a fraction of the cost of others. Check out the epicentre blog for a picture of them in action

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...