UKC

Alpkit Filo Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 04 Feb 2012
Hiya,
Off to Scotland for a weeks intro to winter climbing. I've go base layer, fleece and mountain hardware jacket. I've been lent a Rab down jacket in small.
How tight is it supposed to be over the rest of my kit?
If its not supposed to be super tight what size Alpkit jacket am I looking at? I assume the next size up so medium.
I can wear the Rab one fine over a hoody if thats any help.
OP fire_munki 04 Feb 2012
In reply to fire_munki:
Just tried it on and its not very tight but there's only a little room towards the base and obv I've not got a harness and kit angling off.
 andyd1970 04 Feb 2012
In reply to fire_munki: I suppose you can use a down Jacket in Scotland but if it gets wet it will loose its thermal properties. If you are looking to get a new Jacket, I would go for a synthetic Jacket
something like this on offer is a great buy or a mountain Equipment fitzroy
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/clothing---mountain/mountain-equipment/228465/...
OP fire_munki 04 Feb 2012
In reply to fire_munki:
I'm only looking as a top layer over my hardshell in case it gets very cold in-between pitches. I've never done anything like this before and couple of the guys I climb with said I should [have one], hence lending me one.
The thing is I've found I like it as a jacket for wearing regardless of where I am! But I don't want to damage my friends kit he is so generous with so was thinking about buying my own.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...