UKC

msr twin sister

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gordo 05 Feb 2012
has anybody used or owned a msr twin sister tent if so what did you think.

ice.solo 05 Feb 2012
In reply to gordo:

ive got a twin brother tent, the bigger version. i like it a it crosses the boundary between bivvy tent and real tent and its HUGE. a 6 person shelter for 2kgs is amazing.

they are not made of breathable stuff like a single skin tent, so need to ventilate well obviously. ive only used it in winter and its been ok as it has large vents.

need to angle it well with any wind, but even when its blowing its still strong, just that it flaps a bit.

if weight is your primary thng then they cant be bettered i think, but they are still not real tents.
OP gordo 06 Feb 2012
im gonna see if i can get down to a shop that stocks them to have a look i like tents but think i would like to give a tarp style shelter a go.and this seems quick and easy to set up.

i saw a couple of videos on the tent but non of them were in english and it seemed to hold up well.

OP gordo 06 Feb 2012
what's it perform like this time of year
ice.solo 06 Feb 2012
In reply to gordo:
> what's it perform like this time of year

if you get the footprint its a bit of a fiddle rigging it at first as you need the ventilation around the bottom as well.
its not warm because of this, so expect it to be like a tarp in that way.

condensation freezes to the inside unsurprisingly, which can rain down if the wind is strong and shaking the walls.
it wont collapse, but unlike a self standing tent it will flap about.

as a base tent in snow it could work well if you excavate seats etc and pitch it over it.

its hard to remember its a tarp really, not a tent. you need to have extra warmth in your sleeping bag to cope with it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...