Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Sportiva Baruntse

This is probably a question for Dane as I know he has Baruntses, but if anyone else does also I'd be very interested in how they fit in comparison to other Sportivas.

I have three pairs of size 42 Sportivas - Nepal Extremes vintage 2000: perfect fit, the best boots ever. Trango Ss vintage 2001, pretty good fit around the foot although the ankles rub a little. And Trango Extreme GTXs (or something like that, they've made so many almost the same versions! Black and yellow ones from about 2006 anyway). These do fit but are tighter in the toe box than the Nepals and I get cold feet in them in cold temperatures as a result. I'm thinking about getting Baruntses, and if they fit just like my Nepals but are warmer they would be perfect. But if they fit like my Trangos I would give them a miss and wait for a better fitting warm boot.

Of course this will have to be done mail order internationally, hence my problem!
... not showing 27 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums