UKC

NEWS: Dave MacLeod Climbs Huge Roof In Winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Feb 2012
Dave MacLeod about to launch in to the roof of 'Castles in the Sky', 4 kbTop Scottish all round climber Dave MacLeod has added yet another cutting edge new route to his CV with an ascent of Castles in the Sky on Druim Shionnach in Glen Shiel.

The route crosses a huge roof section via two figure of four moves and has marginal protection...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66501

loopyone 06 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News: I am amazed that no one has commented yet........
chris05 06 Feb 2012
In reply to tatty112: See here http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=492915 for typical ukc comments..
 Smelly Fox 06 Feb 2012
In reply to chris05:
Part of me wishes I hadn't started it now, but hopefully the haters will stay off the official thread.

****ing awesome effort Dave! As always your ascent inspire me to get fitter, stronger, happier, more productive......

Trist
 fire_munki 06 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Stunning (if verging on insane) climb, I hope for some more pics.
 Simon Caldwell 06 Feb 2012
In reply to Smelly Fox:

What haters?
 Jamie B 06 Feb 2012
In reply to Toreador:

"Haters" is overstating it. Nobody hates Dave. I doubt if anyone even mildly dislikes him; he's one of the most genuine and thoughtful climbers you'll ever meet.

But there have been a few sly digs and cheap shots which do little to add to the debate about how future testpieces are climbed, and which must be deeply annoying when you have just put body and soul on the line.
 James Oswald 06 Feb 2012
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:
I doubt if anyone even mildly dislikes him; he's one of the most genuine and thoughtful climbers you'll ever meet

Agreed.

Awesome effort Dave.
 Brendan 06 Feb 2012
I think it's possible to criticise the style/ethics of an ascent while still acknowledging how impressive it is.

As Dave himself points out, this ascent is pretty unusual for Scotland. I don't think you can discount any criticism as being from 'haters', as long as it's constructive.
 Smelly Fox 07 Feb 2012
> (In reply to Toreador)
>
> "Haters" is overstating it. Nobody hates Dave. I doubt if anyone even mildly dislikes him; he's one of the most genuine and thoughtful climbers you'll ever meet.
>
> But there have been a few sly digs and cheap shots which do little to add to the debate about how future testpieces are climbed, and which must be deeply annoying when you have just put body and soul on the line.

Spot on. Sorry for exaggerating!

Trist
 Simon Caldwell 07 Feb 2012
> there have been a few sly digs and cheap shots

Most of these seem to have been jokes which went over the heads of some of those that read them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...