UKC

The Hope Project roadtrip from London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 thin bob 10 Feb 2012
Dudes: I'm going to Weymouth in a few weeks; I'm thinking of continuing down to The Hope Project afterwards to take donations from London area.
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=493772

I can really only afford to do it if there's a fair amount of stuff, otherwise posting would be 'more efficient'. I'll be paying for my own petrol etc.

So if anyone has any kit they want to send down, post on here / message me and we'll sort it out!.
I've asked Mr Farmer what they need, will post that up here as well.

has anyone got good contacts at the london walls / anywhere else people can drop stuff off at & store until collected?

Thanks, you lovely people
OP thin bob 10 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:
only got a small motor, so bouldering mats & portaledges are probably out

Also, if yiou post what you're donating on here, it can be a checklist, so you know i'm not ripping anyone off & flogging it or keeping it!

Put a card or small note in with it as well, everyone likes a card
TB
 Boogs 10 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:

Hello Bob , I'll have some kit to donate & if it doesn't make it to Sam & the project before then I can head over to Weymouth to let you have it .

If you are up for hitting a few routes at Portland that can be arranged too ? I'll keep an eye on this thread & the other to stay upto date . 80)

Leon
 wilkie14c 10 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:
I've half a dozen screwgates and an original Karrimor hot ice 30L. Will prob have some instructional books too. I've also a couple of technical fleeces that are too small, I'll bob them in too.
Good effort thin bob

*These items are NOT for sale so please don't ask me if they are, Hope project donation only.
 MJ 10 Feb 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

I've half a dozen screwgates

Not wishing to be "Health and Safety gone mad", but will second hand PPE be acceptable to be used by an activities provider?
OP thin bob 10 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:
Aw , cheers BM & B14!! youse is stars!

[i'm pretty much a newb at trad, Leon, but it could be fun, if you're up for it ]
OP thin bob 10 Feb 2012
In reply to MJ:
Very good point. Anyone got any ideas? I'll start another thread & ask BMC.

Anyone got any contacts at gear manufacturers / outdoor shops? I'd write to them as well.
 gribble 10 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:

As I said in the other thread, I'm going from Sheffield to Cornwall this coming Tuesday. Same thing, if anyone wants goodies taking down to the Hope Project, I can be the mule.
 wilkie14c 10 Feb 2012
In reply to MJ:
Fair point. If Samuel wishes to keep them to replace his own personal gear or sell them on to raise some cash for the centre then thats fine with me. That neatly skipped around the issue
OP thin bob 10 Feb 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:
> (In reply to MJ)
> Fair point. If Samuel wishes to keep them to replace his own personal gear or sell them on to raise some cash for the centre then thats fine with me. That neatly skipped around the issue

Good point!!
OP thin bob 11 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:

bump
.... for karma ..
 nikinko 12 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:

ello. I'm in Surrey and have a 100m unused abseil rope for Sam, have already confirmed with him that he wants it.

PM me with your travel plans and I'll work out how to get it over to you. I'll bung you £10.00 towards petrol as well, I know it will far from cover it but it's something.
OP thin bob 12 Feb 2012
In reply to nikinko: oh wow, that brilliant! Thank you!
waiting for any list from Sam, but have some boots, rock shoes, 30m rope maybe, packs, hiking boots, metalwork and a family tent I'm gonna give.
Was gonna flog it on fleabay...but karmapounds s are better than pounds sterling
 bradholmes 12 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob: Hi everyone, since there doesn't seem to have been much support for the Justgiving idea, I'll just leave it to individuals to contribute in whatever means they see fit. I'm sending a postal order donation to Samuel (seems the simplest way) and I have made an appeal to DMM to see if there is anything they may be able to donate to help out, fingers crossed!
OP thin bob 12 Feb 2012
In reply to bradholmes:
I reckon just giving is still a good idea, would be a good link to send around / publicise.
..doesn't cost anything to set up, does it? Is it the one that charges fees/takes a percentage?
 bradholmes 12 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob: As far as I know, they take a small percentage of donations and charge £15.00 a month to run the page. I would happily pay toward the monthly fee. It would be good to get photos of some of Samuel's activities and of the damage from him to set up a good page. Getting it onto facebook would be good, too.
OP thin bob 12 Feb 2012
In reply to bradholmes: virgin money is free, maybe? thought the site was a bit difficult to navigate.
OP thin bob 12 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob: uk.virginmoneygiving.com
 bradholmes 12 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob: £100 set up fee plus charges per donation....more of a long term large scale thing I believe.
 kevin stephens 12 Feb 2012
In reply to all:
I think this need some serious attention. Whilst offers of spare climbing and camping gear may be useful and well intentioned, there could well be quite a mis match between that provided and that required. There's no substitute for hard currency to resolve a crisis like this. PM me if help needed to get the ball rolling
 nikinko 13 Feb 2012
In reply to kevin stephens:

correct. Worth checking on here before donating stuff, otherwise the Hope project is going to end up with a load of unwanted gear that they can't do much with. That's why Bob's suggestion of posting up what you have to donate is a good idea, as Samuel can have a look and say if it's useful or not.

best wishes

Nikki
In reply to thin bob: hello bob hey im astounded that you all are still talking of this i thought the weekend would take away the memorie ,hey as for what is most usful its easier to say what i need it for .next group is fifty kids from the unity boys club liverpool in two groups twenty five each week .doing anything at all to do with outdoor persuits but hey there not profesionals so dont go crazy im thinking tents sleapin bags ropes torches helmets if so lucky old canoes bikes ps nothing at all will be sold it will be here for you guys to take back if needed or used when you come and enjoy the souroundings its best if you leave a list of what was donated to theopeproject1@hotmail.co.uk and i will leave a list of what i recived and from who on this site ,plus i can then thank you guys personaly .i will have to think about providing petrol to the mules heres my adress 28brunelcourt truro tr13ae and tel 07542187154 thanks guys x
 Climber_Bill 13 Feb 2012
In reply to the hope project:

Hi, I have 4 Petzl Elios helmets and 4 Petzl Pandion harnesses. They will be posted to you this week. They have all been used but not abused and are in good condition.

Good luck on getting up and running again as soon as possible.

Regards,

Rich.
 Tom Last 13 Feb 2012

Hello Hope Project.

I've got a few old pairs of Anasazi Velcros (in a size 9) that you can have if they're any use to you.

Disclaimer. They're all well used, will possibly need a wash and are rubbed through a bit on one of the toes, but will be fine for beginners.

I live over in Fowey, so can drop them in to you whenever if you want them.

Let me know.
Cheers,
Tom
 ClimberEd 13 Feb 2012
In reply to nikinko:

I'm having the word 'correct' banned from the forum. Dreadfully condescending.
 Queenie 13 Feb 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:
> (In reply to nikinko)
>
> I'm having the word 'correct' banned from the forum. Dreadfully condescending.

Condescending? I don't read it that way at all.
 ClimberEd 13 Feb 2012
In reply to Queenie:

If I state something, I don't expect someone else to tell me that what I said is 'correct'. They can agree, or disagree, but not 'tell' me that I am right or wrong - which the use of the word correct implies.
In reply to Southern Man: tom that would be fantastic as i realy did have a fire sale on my stuf here is my tel coime over when its good for you 07542187154 xsam
In reply to nikinko: there is no sutch thing as uneeded items right now ni ps unity boys club ricky jones is astounded and wants to say thanks on behalf of the kids x
 Tom Last 13 Feb 2012

Right'o. I'll try to pop over tomorrow if that's good for you?
 MonkeyPuzzle 13 Feb 2012
In reply to all:

This thread is really warming the cockles I have to say.

Only having just started climbing, I don't have any spare kit as such but if there was a just giving page or any other way of donating then I'd love to do so.

Nice work everyone.
 mack 13 Feb 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:
> (In reply to Queenie)
>
> If I state something, I don't expect someone else to tell me that what I said is 'correct'. They can agree, or disagree, but not 'tell' me that I am right or wrong - which the use of the word correct implies.

Correct =)

bradholmes 13 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob: Just thought I'd let folks know I've had a response to my email to DMM. Alex Haslehurst, the rep for the south will be contacting Samuel/visiting him when he is next in the area. Sounds positive, thanks DMM for taking an interest!
 Boogs 13 Feb 2012
In reply to bradholmes:

Good man well done Brad & Alex does sound promising ! I'll be all over the place this week so will see if I can blag some goodies for Sam & the project . I've got a couple of sleeping bags & a couple harnesses so far , will donate a few quid too . Hope to make it down there soon as well to see if can help .
 Bobling 13 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:

Jeez this is awesome stuff everyone, so nice to see the community rallying round. Like others I don't have mountains of spare kit put would be very interested in donating some cold hard cash if someone in the know can take leadership on how best to do this.
 nikinko 13 Feb 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:

good thing it wasn't something you said that I was commenting on then.

It's nothing but a way of agreeing with someone.
In reply to thin bob: I have a couple of pairs of red chilli coronas, I'll get them posted in the next few days. Also still happy to donate £20 when if a channel is sorted out
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr: helo will our adress is 28 brunel court truro tr13ae thanks for thinkin of us xxxx
In reply to Richard White: thanks rich im amazed ple3ase come and stay with us in summer
In reply to thin bob: bob i will pay for petrol brother peac bro either way its the words that meen the most
The Unity 15 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:
The Unity is a Youth & Community centre in Toxteth, we would like to thank everyone for the the kind donations and pledges to the hope project. Without which organisations like ours would not ordinarily have the opportunity to access the facilities, activities and experiences availible at the Hope project. Thank you.
 David Hooper 15 Feb 2012
In reply to The Unity: Is that attched to the Unity Theatre, or a diffrnt unity?

cheers

David
OP thin bob 15 Feb 2012
Ninkinko is chipping in with petrol money as well, so will I...we'll sort it out!
We are all humans, but I would be proud to call you bother, Sam Thanks for your vision and hard work so far, mate. People like you make a real difference to this world .
Peace & happiness bruv! see you soon....
OP thin bob 15 Feb 2012
In reply to The Unity: And we all hope your kids enjoy it!
 Simmy 15 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:

In reply to EricaB:

Just finishing building the Hope project a website this evening, speaking to Sam a great deal of thinks were burned including most of his pictures.

If anyone has any pictures of Sam, the project, The Agnes Beacon area or any images that are yours to give would be most helpful.

Links to any articles, news, stories, forums with any coverage would also be great.

If you can email me through this site anything that would be fantastic.

Peter

This is a duplicate post as ive put the same up in the other thread on this subject in the off belay forum. Sorry mods
In reply to David Hooper: dave unity boys club is on lodge lane not the unity theater x
In reply to thin bob: no bob its people like you who make waking up worth it ps havent seen graham yet he said he has a van of things and is coming on teusday do you know him x
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle: hello the simplest way it a postal order to samuel farmer c0 28 brunel court truro tr13ae please consider it a puture payment for camping and barbie at st agnes beacon hill eco site peace bro xsam
In reply to bradholmes: im on face book please join me x
fijibaby 16 Feb 2012
In reply to the hope project: I've been following this thread and would like to add my best wishes to the many others.
I hope you get the project back up and running soon. The next time I come down to Cornwall I'll drop in. I come down every couple of months to visit friends.
I can't donate money or gear, as I don't have either! I've got time though, so if you need help with anything let us know. Best of luck, Dan

I have removed the post with the bank account details since it isn't good practice to post these on a public forum.

If people want to donate please contact Sam Farmer via this form http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/email.php?u=148647

Sam, perhaps you could post the link to your Facebook page and any other web page you might have since there are a lot of Hope Projects out there so finding yours isn't easy for everyone.

Alan
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: ok i agree pleasde remember we are the beacon of hope eco heritage trust( the hope project )is a program of ours .please let me clearly state our aims so the we get no more calls calling us activists .

exclusive places and recreations are by their description excluding people we demand inclusion and diversity and the protection of institutions from the agresion and marginalisation of institutions .
we insist on buisneses adherence to the tripple bottom line enviroment comunity and profit so that the worlds riches can be shared in a posative fair way .perhaps ukc would be so kind to hold collections so that transparency can be asured
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: how do i post the link will you do it for me thanks sam
 elsiem 17 Feb 2012

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-beacon-of-hope-eco-heritage-trust/1244825...

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/thehopeproject1

hope that's a start. I've got kit in terms of outdoor clothing and sleeping bag/mat here in North Yorkshire but I don't think the mule is coming past this way. Will look into another option to send things. Thanks.
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: we are on itv westcountry news tonight thanking ukc for their sterling work x sam
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: hey allan a lot has happend could you pos call me on 07542187154 to have a chat to insure that we both do not loose the way as far as donations are concerned ie we need to insure transparency i dont want to give you a bad name by my mistakes ie i havent done this before ps dave hooper is my good friend so to keep him in a loop would be fab speak soon sam
OP thin bob 25 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:
Bump
OK. I'm leaving from west london/victoria at about 10 or 11 on Saturday 3rd March. Am about next week to can meet & collect stuff.
Nikinko, sent you a pm

Peace love & unity, brothers & sisters xx
In reply to thin bob: hey guys four kings fantastic have you seen waht you have raised so far towards the rebuild five undred quid a quarter of the plannin aplication im overwhelmed every one who sees it is overwhelmed relative strangers doing random acts of kindnes for one goal wow if you havent yet seen it go to www.thebeaconofhope.co.uk and grab a hanky here is the rout get plannin start rebuildin become a full charity its like a cooperative outdoor centre we gotsa film it an get it on channel 4 peace sisters and brothers sam x
OP thin bob 25 Feb 2012
In reply to The Hope Project:
Brilliant stuff, Sam!
Don't forget to give yourself a pat in the back, mate!
Peace, brother...see you 5th? 6th? march
OP thin bob 25 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:
OK, dudes, so far, we have:
100m abseil rope
several sleeping bags,
closedcell foam sleeping mat (if I can find it)
couple pairs rockshoes (mine, have to check if 1 or 2 pairs)
hiking boots ( " " )
family tent ( " " " , might be another 2/3 person one)
harness, maybe 2
maybe 30m climbing rope
trangia stove, gas stove, pots (unless I sold it & forgot! :-0 )

I really do need to tidy up the spare room....

OP thin bob 25 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:
and some more shoes from Notgnarly, also s/bags. Rope from Nikinko, bags, maybe rope, harness from boogieman. You're diamonds, dudes!

I'll be rummaging through my nuts & cams, must be a couple of things.
Pretty sure there must be a couple of jackets & a rucksack or two.
 Bobling 25 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:

Bump, gratz to whoever got the donations bit on the website working.
In reply to Bobling: that goes to the fantastic peter simpson fromhosutu hosting please send him love for me ps mark just got the boots fab kids sises are needed thanks bro .ps chris is comin f easter any one els wants t come please do sam xps aproaching influence plannings paul bateman today to tel in we got coil for the works x
In reply to thin bob: brother did you see last nights tv this shows me that we are doing the right thing stoping facism in our own way sam x
 Bobling 28 Feb 2012
In reply to thin bob:

Can someone remind me of the postal address? Just dug out a pair of only worn once boots that can go to a better home.
In reply to Bobling: co 28 brunel court truro tr13ae thanks sam
OP thin bob 01 Mar 2012
In reply to thin bob: Bump ! Last call for donations. Going down early saturday, will reply tonight.
Peace & love,S people
 Bobling 01 Mar 2012

Boots on their way, hope they are of use.
In reply to thin bob: are you coming this sat i will get the kettle on if so sam x
 notgnarly 01 Mar 2012
In reply to thin bob:

Hi thin bob,

Missed you at Lyceum Tavern the other day,

whereabouts in london are you? I can drop the stuff off tomo after work
In reply to thin bob: guys what a fantastic thing im walking on air i feel like the you guys are ernest shackltons row boat crew and im waiting safley with the penguins isnt life strange somtimes hey influence planning are talking to an architect today they are both doing their work half price 2k instead of 3 half k but what youve doid so far has put me totaly on line to success x sam
In reply to thin bob: guys what a fantastic thing im walking on air i feel like the you guys are ernest shackltons row boat crew and im waiting safley with the penguins isnt life strange somtimes hey influence planning are talking to an architect today they are both doing their work half price 2k instead of 3 half k but what youve doid so far has put me totaly on line to success x sam
OP thin bob 01 Mar 2012
that's great news Sam!

Ooo! Ooo! Mister! Can I be a penguin, please? ..
In reply to thin bob: no you are in the boat bob you are the type to be next to me in the trenches at the front line teling jokes .39 people done this 39. flip hey thats a good number for a hooly x sam
In reply to thin bob: trying to respond to the majick 39 but not got a lot a time i will speak to all of you soon number 11 now x sam
In reply to thin bob: bob are you ariving today please get in touch thanks sam ps number is on the thread sam xps curry is on the boil x
OP thin bob 07 Mar 2012
In reply to thin bob:
i'm here...and it.s raining....but th e[place i samazing and i'v egot a cup of tea, so, ....sorted!
 Messners Yeti 07 Mar 2012
In reply to any who are out there:

I'm heading to Sennen in a couple of weeks from Bristol and am going to drop by Sam and Carla's on the way to drop any gear I can collect from those in Bristol. My car is little and won't fit bouldering mats etc in but any gear you have that'll fit I'll take down with me.

I've been in touch with Sam and am not a scammer!

PM me with anything you might be able to spare.

Thanks
Pete
In reply to thin bob: hi guys ive gota give thanks to rallymania for the camra ,didnt get the old laptop did it get sent and to stuart for a blinding weelend annamarka and d loyde and deep soup ive tried to say thanks but emails keep bouncin back thanks you guys more thasnks comin i havent yet got the list of new donaters my land is yours donaters this is the simplest way to pay you back use it and all resourses all summer wenever you like you are now a member of the hope project thanks all sam x ps stuart is givin a write up on his mission soon looking forward to it sam
In reply to The Hope Project: wow guys i can talk i can talk flip i feel like a priest who took the vow i can finaly speak without my fingers movin like two spiders in a match box on red bull wow hinternet without geting splashed by a bus or smellin a tramps armpits you gota go see how the hoy paloy are doin it in them librarys i got a lot of love for bill gates f letin me use his laptops but hey madmed stalk themk coradoors i got some stories t tel ys about the woman with seagul feathetrs in her hair with poo on them or the man who shouts at the keyboard .or theskinny guy who presses his nose onto the screen literaly and googles amazon wimen . or the mad soldier who smells of somthing els al who tries to buy war planes on ebay i could go on forever but for now wow im connectyed again i been in rehab with my jhab x sam
In reply to thin bob: exelant i got loads of space to thank my brothers john passmore , thin bob , jonny dawse, roger dean ,the UKC thought cloud ,brad,rallymania,that kind soul that sent a text saying thanks at 4 in the mornin ,the guy from australia can you belive that , scott, alan head honcho ,leon, and the sweet souls that empathised but could do nothing , you did it we did it a poem .

TAKE ME BACK TO MY CHILDHOOD TO MY ORBITAL MOON FRIENDS ,THAT SHINE LIKE THE PALE SUN AND SPLASHES OF BLUE SILVER .
TAKE ME HOME TO MY MOTHER ,EARTH BEJEWELED AND THE GIVER OF LIFES LIFE AND MY CRAP DADS WIFE .

WAKE ME BACK IN TIME TO MY FAMILY OF CLAY ,
WAKE ME BACK REINCARNATE ME TO DIE,
MAKE ME AGAIN MAKE ME BETTER ,
MAKE ME SEE YOUR STARS AND FINE FEATHERS
IN FRIENDS FAMILIAR FACES WE FACED
THE SCARY PAST
JUST US TOGETHER
FRIENDS AFLOAT
ON THE BLUE
WITH YOU KC FANKS X
In reply to The Hope Project: o my dear aunt look at the figure 4000.oo its becoming real im flabergasted i dont know what to do to pass back my glow but ask you guys to feel real good ,thanks thanks fanks we are on track im meeting the architect on fri at the land with influence planners they are very upbeat it seams that your interaction has given me even better chances of securing the ultimate prize of the council a chance to enlarge and site a guard im geting prices for concrete digger etc this week i will bring them back sisters and brothers wow x sam x
In reply to thin bob: guys hi i was locked out for a minute i thought i did somthing wrong any way no worries,
i thought i should come back to you to say we now have 179 donors to the fund and members to the hope project and free users of the facility more than fantastic!!!

i was going to half name you guys so you know it arived but boy that will take up all the box and bore you silly so i will email you individualy unless you guys tel me other wise i just havent been able to access your emails yet double security !!

but hey ive sent out feelers to get the work done with sw delta constructions jill harsant who is a angel and trying to pull in some favours for us on a digger and concrete floor level boy this takes a lot of thinking please bear with me im new to this and all will be ok but time has no master and i have to waite for the architect ayrron to send you guys the piccys of the new building in about a week or so,

but all is well and moving in a posative direction thanks all i will be in contact or please please feel free to call me 07542187154 for a chat or see me on the facebook any time at all especialy you in ozz speak within the week sam x

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...