UKC

OI NEWS: Marmot London Flagship Store

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 17 Feb 2012
MARMOT LONDON FLAGSHIP STORE #1, 4 kbSpring 2012 will see outdoor manufacturer Marmot launch its second European flagship store at the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre. Situated to the North East of London, the centre is a key retail location as a result of its scale, exceptional public transport links, and fantastic position adjacent to the London Olympic Park. The Marmot store will be on 'The Street', an outdoor boulevard that is one of the main access routes through the centre site, and the gateway to the Olympic Games in 2012.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4452
 jadias 17 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Pretty cool! Marmot make a lot of really good kit and it's nice to see them getting exposure in the UK. Hopefully half the shop will be DriClime shirts and then everyone will realise how phenomenal they are!
 TobyA 17 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: I'm sure Marmot have perfectly sensible commercial reasons for this but for a mountain sports brand, NE London seems about the weirdest place for a flagship store! You on your way out to flatest part of the country...
 FrJ 17 Feb 2012
In reply to TobyA:
Yes, but those of us who live down this way need to entertain our desire for climbing substitutes and there's not a whole lot of competition.
 Dauphin 17 Feb 2012
In reply to TobyA:

Olympics innit. And a considerable gansta demographic - top gear for free soloing the Romford Rd.

D
 TobyA 17 Feb 2012
In reply to Dauphin:
> And a considerable gansta demographic

I've got lots of Marmot stuff. Does that make me gansta? Excellent, bruv.
 Henry Iddon 20 Feb 2012
In reply to Dauphin:

Uxbridge Road has had an aid ascent - youtube.com/watch?v=9U0tDU37q2M&
 David Barlow 21 Feb 2012
Everyone knows that Covent Garden is the only place for London outdoor shops - maybe Marmot are branching out (inadvertently!?) into TNF territory by opening their store in Westfield...
 SCC 21 Feb 2012
In reply to David Barlow:
> Everyone knows that Covent Garden is the only place for London outdoor shops - maybe Marmot are branching out (inadvertently!?) into TNF territory by opening their store in Westfield...

Quite.
I'm disappointed that they have opened it so far away from me.

Si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...