Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Dynafit binding choice.

zarb - on 19 Feb 2012
Hi guys/gals,

Starting some ski touring this winter in Australia and was a little confused about the bindings available and their intended purposes. I am coming from the resorts so my knowledge is limited.

I suppose I am looking for a middle ground binding, one that can perform well on downhills out in the backcountry, but will also survive trips to the groomed resorts when my lazy friends don't want to walk up anything.
Also, I am not a racer, but I would like something that is comfortable and reasonably fool proof on the skinning parts.

The skis I have are the Black Diamond Aspects, which I got because I was told that they fill the above criteria pretty well, so I guess I am just looking for a matching binding. I settled on the Dynafit Radical FT, because they seem to be able to handle a little more on the downhill. What am I sacrificing for that plus? I don't care about added weight (within reason), but if it's a bad ascender for other reasons than weight, that might give me pause.

Please any advice would be welcome.

PS: Boots are Dynafit TLT5 Mountain
... not showing 40 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums