UKC

Patagonia Houdini Wind Shirt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 edinburgh_man 21 Feb 2012
Anybody have one? Please could you tell me whether the hood is fully (i.e. comfortably) helmet compatible?

Thanks for the info.

R
 Rick Armitage 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Ross Mathers: Hi Ross. The Houdinis performance excels in all but the very worst of conditions! I have owned one for several years and can honestly say I have had my moneys worth! As with anything über light there will always be a compromise between having a hood that works and having a complete hood with a brim and face coverage!
However I am sure you will have a 'bomb proof' shell for when it is real knarl!
Snow slides of the Houidini easily, light rain and wind are no problem and coupled with a hooded mid weight fleece( R1 Hoody) it really can't be beaten! It's more breathable than pertex type fabrics(IMO)...Yes it's a lot to pay Ross but its money well spent!
Hope this helps?

Rick
 jadias 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Ross Mathers:

I picked one up recently. Great bit of kit.

HOWEVER... the hood will fit over a helmet but is not properly helmet-compatible. You'll be hard-pressed to comfortably zip it up fully with a lid on. Only tried with a Petzl Meteor III but I suspect it's much the same for all lids.

Patagonia claim that "our customers want to use the hood under a helmet" - rubbish. Don't kid yourselves, guys. A non-helmet compatible hood on a climber-oriented jacket makes absolutely no sense and there is no reasonable excuse.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...