UKC

Polartec windpro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mikkel 25 Feb 2012
anyone know of some hooded jackets in Windpro fabric?
Im after a replacement for my Rab Phantom hoodie, the Shadow hoodie is on my list, but trying to find out what other jackets in same material is out there, and google is not being very helpfull.
 iksander 26 Feb 2012
In reply to Mikkel: Arc Teryx Fugitive. That's it as far as I can tell, shame as Wind Pro is great stuff
 TobyA 26 Feb 2012
In reply to Mikkel: The Shadow is a great jacket, but I do still think the stitching is shonky around the wrist cuffs, I've had to do more fixing since the review period: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2685 But beyond that, it's a very useful piece.
OP Mikkel 28 Feb 2012
In reply to TobyA:

Same issue on the Phantom hoodie, the first one i had i send back because the stitching on the cuff pulled stright out, replacement did the same a few months later but kept it as its such a nice jacket.
 TobyA 28 Feb 2012
In reply to Mikkel: I noted in the review that Outdoor Magic's test sample did the same - sounds like a design fault, although I'm pretty certain RAB told me they had virtually no returns!
OP Mikkel 28 Feb 2012
In reply to TobyA:

I think design fault as well, a piece of fabric not made big enough or just poor sewing.
I have no idea what these bits are called in sewing terms but the piece folder around the edge then stitched on, the stitches didn't actually go into the fabric between the fold.
OP Mikkel 28 Feb 2012
In reply to Mikkel:

The arcteryx jacket looks nice, but can only find it in blue
 TobyA 28 Feb 2012
In reply to Mikkel: What's wrong with blue? Surely you don't want black?!
OP Mikkel 28 Feb 2012
In reply to TobyA:

No i don't want black, why i was looking for other options, but i prefer black over blue.

Ohh and the Shadow hoodie is slate not black ;0)
 Styx 28 Feb 2012
In reply to Mikkel:

What about the Patagonia Adze jacket?

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/patagonia-mens-adze-wind-jacket?p=83390...

It's windbloc as opposed to windpro, though...
OP Mikkel 28 Feb 2012
In reply to Styx:

cant remember what windbloc feels like, and i also want a hood.
 gear boy 28 Feb 2012
In reply to Mikkel: you need to look for wind pro "hardface"

Mammut are coming out with one,eiswand, there are a few others around
 iksander 01 Mar 2012
In reply to Styx: Windbloc is quite different, better wind protection but much less breathable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...