/ Dorset DWS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Semtex - on 26 Feb 2012
I'm currently out with a knee injury so have spent my sunny afternoon staring longinly at DWS routes at lulworth. Haven't done any yet but looking at doing some this summer anyone have any tips/suggestions on where to start?? Currently climbing F7a indoors and leading F6a+ outdoors, expecting to be leading F6c/+ by the time im ready to DWS.
quiffhanger - on 26 Feb 2012
In reply to Semtex:
> I'm currently out with a knee injury so have spent my sunny afternoon staring longinly at DWS routes at lulworth.

Horny lil' devil is the classic F7a tick @ Lulworth.

For your desired grade range Fisherman's ledge is a better bet: The Conga, Freeborn Man and the Great Shark Hunt would be an awesome and fairly safe day out. Berry Head also has some classic lines that are a little easier: Lulworth is best if you're confident well into the 7s.

Given your disparity between indoor & outdoor grades I recommend lots of outdoor sport and trad (translates well to DWS imo) to close that gap before the summer. You're probably strong enough but will need a good head, an ability to relax on easier ground and rock reading skills to be breaking into the 7s on DWS - it can be hard pushing your grade DWS as it enforces ground up ethics: make sure you bring as many spare pairs of boots as you can and choose the S0s if you're going for DWS redpointing!
Semtex - on 26 Feb 2012
In reply to quiffhanger:

SO's?? seen this in the dorset rockfax guide but not sure what it means. Also found this which i found helpfull.

http://www.dizzy-heights.co.uk/dws.html
ads.ukclimbing.com
Semtex - on 26 Feb 2012
In reply to Semtex:

Just found the explanation to the S0

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.