UKC

Dorset DWS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Semtex 26 Feb 2012
I'm currently out with a knee injury so have spent my sunny afternoon staring longinly at DWS routes at lulworth. Haven't done any yet but looking at doing some this summer anyone have any tips/suggestions on where to start?? Currently climbing F7a indoors and leading F6a+ outdoors, expecting to be leading F6c/+ by the time im ready to DWS.
 quiffhanger 26 Feb 2012
In reply to Semtex:
> I'm currently out with a knee injury so have spent my sunny afternoon staring longinly at DWS routes at lulworth.

Horny lil' devil is the classic F7a tick @ Lulworth.

For your desired grade range Fisherman's ledge is a better bet: The Conga, Freeborn Man and the Great Shark Hunt would be an awesome and fairly safe day out. Berry Head also has some classic lines that are a little easier: Lulworth is best if you're confident well into the 7s.

Given your disparity between indoor & outdoor grades I recommend lots of outdoor sport and trad (translates well to DWS imo) to close that gap before the summer. You're probably strong enough but will need a good head, an ability to relax on easier ground and rock reading skills to be breaking into the 7s on DWS - it can be hard pushing your grade DWS as it enforces ground up ethics: make sure you bring as many spare pairs of boots as you can and choose the S0s if you're going for DWS redpointing!
OP Semtex 26 Feb 2012
In reply to quiffhanger:

SO's?? seen this in the dorset rockfax guide but not sure what it means. Also found this which i found helpfull.

http://www.dizzy-heights.co.uk/dws.html
OP Semtex 26 Feb 2012
In reply to Semtex:

Just found the explanation to the S0

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...