UKC

road bike holiday, hathersage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jamesg85 29 Feb 2012
Hi, I've been thinking of a relaxing week away by myself, basing myself at north leas campsite. Trouble is I only know the area well for climbing, so does anyone have suggestions for good routes on quiet roads. I'm looking at 30-40 miles a day roughly depending on how I feel, many thanks, James
 Hat Dude 29 Feb 2012
In reply to jamesgreenfield:

I reckon you'd be better off a little bit further south & west towards Monyash & Buxton, there's more of a network of quieter roads. Around Hathersage you're limited a bit by Sheffield to the east then Kinder & the moors to the west & north which only tend to have busier through routes.
OP jamesg85 29 Feb 2012
In reply to Hat Dude: oh ok, might think about staying in buxton, but more comfortable staying at north leas as I have a few times before. Also hathersage is easier to get to by train from Sheffield.
 Fredt 29 Feb 2012
In reply to jamesgreenfield:

I would also recommend further south, the roads around Hathersage are limited to mainly fast busy main roads. (I assume you're road biking?)
I cycle in the Hope Valley every weekend. The limestone areas are much quieter and more scenic. Look at the area between Buxton and Bakewell.

If you are still based at North Lees, you can keep out of Hope Valley if you head out on the Grindleford Road and out over Eyam, or up through Bradwell to the same area.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...