UKC

Pete's or the YHA?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Laura-lou 01 Mar 2012
Im doing my ML next week and am pricing up accomodation. The YHA and Pete's are coming in at around the same prices so Im just wondering if anyone has stayed at either and can tell me a) whether they have kitchens/cooking facilities, b) hot showers! or any other Llanberis recommendations!

Cheers x
 JJL 01 Mar 2012
In reply to Laura-lou:

Pete's - food available
YHA - cook your own

Seems to be the big divide
 MikeLell 01 Mar 2012
In reply to Laura-lou:
Pete's - I think it has basic self catering facilities (I only made myself a cuppa whilst there but think there was a cooker and microwave too) and obviously has the cafe downstairs. The showers are pretty good.

YHA - Haven't been there.
In reply to Laura-lou:

The YHA is a bit of a walk away from Pete's when you decide you're hungry for some kind of fried goodness. Pete's is less so...
andyathome 01 Mar 2012
In reply to Laura-lou:
Don't you get accommodation as part of your ML course? Surely that's normal?
 Tom Last 01 Mar 2012
In reply to victim of mathematics:

Lovely staff at the YHA s of a couple of years ago, although not stayed there myself. Cooking facilities upstairs at Pete's are fine - one of the better bunkhouses I've stayed in.
 ChrisHolloway1 01 Mar 2012
In reply to Laura-lou: Pete's
OP Laura-lou 01 Mar 2012
In reply to Laura-lou: Thanks for all the great replies. Im seeing the logic with Petes, sadly I cannot afford the fried goodness but self catering facilities sound good to me, its pasta and sauce all the way! Iv been recommended a lovely bunkhouse in Bethesda that looks fab but unfortunately my car has died so im going to have to be Llanberis based (why does everything always happen at once?!?! The buses rule of the universe is rediculous!) and it just didnt say on the Petes page (or im too blind and couldnt find it) whether it had a kitchen so you've all been a fabulous help.

Thanks again, Laura
 FreeRadical 01 Mar 2012
In reply to Laura-lou:

I'd go with Pete's first. If you're on a cheapness crusade then use Mountain Farm Campsite behind the YHA. They have some bunk rooms that you may get at a good rate on this time of year. Basic but has good showers and only 8.5 mins walk to the Indian.

Enjoy...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...