ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Achilles Tendonitis?

stoo2k - on 04 Mar 2012
Has anyone else had any problems with their heels in the past? I've been climbing for about 3 years now and never had any real problems 'till some point in the last few weeks my right heel started to get really sore to the point where I couldn't even wear my climbing shoes (Which until that point had never been a problem)

The spot at the back of my foot where the Achilles tendon meets your heel feels 'squeaky' if that makes sense, but the feeling vanishes after a while. It doesn't feel painful in my trainers but ten minutes in any climbing shoes and it's agony! I've not climbed in three weeks now except one short session at the bouldering wall when I felt like it might be on the mend, but that was a really bad idea in hindsight.

I'm in two minds as to whether or not to go to the doctors about it, I'm not sure there's very much that can be done in all honesty. But in the meantime, anti-inflammatories and a few foot exercises have been recommended, anyone here have experience of anything like this and what you're looking at for recovery times?!

... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums