/ NEWS: UK/USA/Belgian Team Add Venezuela Mega Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 07 Mar 2012
The team with their new route Kids With Guns in the background, 4 kbGeorge Ullrich (UK), Siebe Vanhee (Belgium), Sam Farnsworth (UK), and Mason Earle (USA) have climbed a new big wall route in Venezuela, behind the huge waterfall of Salto Tuyuren on the Amuri Tepui.

The route is now named Kids With Guns and goes at a grade of 5.13a, A3, E6 6c.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66949

markalmack - on 07 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: Choppers!!!!
Ged Desforges - on 07 Mar 2012
Fantastic stuff. That looks amazing, great effort
Kemics - on 07 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Seriously rad.

What a location, climbing behind a waterfall!
Neil Morbey - on 07 Mar 2012
In reply to Kemics:
What an adventure. Makes me want to quit and go do it!
Roberttaylor - on 07 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: I love news like this.
DrGav - on 07 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Superb effort! More pics required!
johncoxmysteriously - on 08 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

That looks absolutely wonderful, and in true UKC style I'm going to stick my neck out and say that on the basis of the information provided I don't think we'll be seeing E6 leaders queuing up to tackle it.

jcm
Kemics - on 08 Mar 2012
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I don't think many people are freeing 5.13a big walls...at least outside of yosemite. Even then it's got a be a pretty niche group of climbers. Heroes!
john arran - on 08 Mar 2012
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> I don't think we'll be seeing E6 leaders queuing up to tackle it.

That was my thought too. 7c+ is usually seen as being the very top of the E6 grade even on roadside sport climbs with no objective danger at all. To give E6 to a remote big-wall trad 7c+ is really pushing credibility.

Top effort to the team anyway - just a great shame they didn't have time to free it all.
royal - on 09 Mar 2012
Come on guys, you've got it the wrong way around. It's normally people saying 'Cerro Torre is easy, I'm going to do it next year, it's only a 6b, I did harder at the local indoor wall last night..' etc.
nightmonkeyuk - on 09 Mar 2012
In reply to royal:
i know, too much praise. im worried. plus, no-one has asked what they've done on grit either.
johncoxmysteriously - on 09 Mar 2012
In reply to nightmonkeyuk:

Well, we know what they've done on grit - anyone got a link to that video of GU taking the Gaia flyer?!

jcm

This is the expedition that received funding from Berghaus as part of their Adventure Challenge initiative.

We had a bit of a bun fight over the voting back in September - http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64131

Alan
CragRat11 - on 11 Mar 2012
Brendan - on 11 Mar 2012
In reply to john arran:
> Top effort to the team anyway - just a great shame they didn't have time to free it all.

Sounds like a task for you, John?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.