UKC

iPad photos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber34neil 09 Mar 2012
Morning all, does anyone know how to upload photos from iPad to ukc gallery or even if it's possible from iPad? When I try to I get to the select photos section but it won't allow me to select any. Any ideas?
In reply to climber34neil:

It might not be possible as the iPad doesn't have (to the user at least) a traditional filesystem where you can search for images.

ALC
OP climber34neil 10 Mar 2012
In reply to climber34neil: Thanks for the info, starting to see some of the limitations of the iPad now of the iPad !!!
In reply to climber34neil:

If you search for "uploading photos from ipad to web" then you'll find lots of suggestions on various forums. Some involve apps specific to a service, others use an alternative browser. I've no idea if any of them will work with UKC since the "Choose file" button starts your OS's file browser (this is default browser behaviour not UKC specific) so you'd have to override that to get the file details in to the submission form.

It looks like the no filesystem is deliberate on the part of Apple, possibly as part of a strategy to get users to use their cloud services, possibly to promote the "it just works" idea to the average user who gets confused by filesystems: " which folder did I save that image in?" The computer/app just handles things for you. Unfortunately once you get past this point then you need specific tools to help you.

Since UKC is bespoke software (rather than built on something like Wordpress or Joomla) then it may not be possible at the moment. Maybe ask Nick to look at building/extending a UKC app for this?

ALC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...