UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Daniel Woods to try Jumbo Love 9b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Daniel Woods, 3 kbTo say Daniel Woods "starts" sport climbing is perhaps a tad misleading, I mean the guy climbed 9a+ (Jaws) last year, as well as lots of other hard routes which, I guess, would qualify him as a decent sport climber by most standards.
Lately however, bouldering has been the name of his game and he...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66958
 JHammond 12 Mar 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

A man is thinking about climbing a route next month.

And tomorrow on UKC, eye witness reports of somebody placing a friend, in a crack, at Stanage.
 royal 12 Mar 2012
Pretty awesome news IMO. Not exactly many people in the world that could realistically consider Jumbo Love is there?
 Michael Ryan 12 Mar 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

One helluva walk.

Clark Mountain - the best limestone in America

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=458

Interesting news, I wonder if the deadpoint.com bounty of $1,000 still stands?

This will be interesting.....good luck Daniel.

Mick
 Tyler 12 Mar 2012
In reply to JHammond:

Congratulations on making the most predicatable post on UKC this week (I know its only Monday morning).
 Ramblin dave 12 Mar 2012
In reply to JHammond:
That was me, actually. Or "Pukka Pies Athlete Ramblin' Dave" as I'm known in news articles.
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to JHammond)
>
> Congratulations on making the most predicatable post on UKC this week (I know its only Monday morning).

He has a point. It is a fairly underwhelming news report, don't you think?

News of an eight-man expedition about to board the boat bound for three months ticking off unclimbed peaks in Shangri-La might just about be worth a mention, but 'man might do hard sport climb next month' just doesn't do it for me.

Especially when the article hasn't been proof-read.
 Wft 12 Mar 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: if it was a nugget of info in the context of a good interview - cool, as it stands the piece seems a bit odd. Alex Barrows climbed the second 8c of his trip today in Spain, its not international but it IS news
 jon 12 Mar 2012
In reply to GuyVG:

Yes, I'm going to grout my kitchen floor tiles tomorrow.
 tintinandpip 12 Mar 2012
Mick Johnston is to start drinking Lager in April. To say "start " would be a tad misleading as Mick has been training hard all winter on real ale. One of the big difficulties with this transition is the system of grading, Mick a devotee of the imperial grade is insisting that to make the transition all his Lager must be served using the metric grade. So bye bye pint, hello litres. Good luck Mick
 jon 13 Mar 2012
In reply to jon:
> (In reply to GuyVG)
>
> Yes, I'm going to grout my kitchen floor tiles tomorrow.

Hey, just flashed it. Now, that's news.

In reply to jon: If you used any sort of mechanical tile cutter you can't claim the flash.
 jon 13 Mar 2012
In reply to jonathan shepherd:

It was the grouting that I flashed. Tile cutting was obviously red pointed.
In reply to jon: Fair enough Jon, you can claim it, unless you used ready mixed grout.
 koalapie 13 Mar 2012
In reply to Richard Alderton: I'd disagree with you there. I think in the context of sports climbing it's super relevant and interesting and I'm certainly glad of the update. Arguably worlds best boulderer publicly goes on record and says he is to jump straight in and try arguably worlds hardest sport route. Can't wait to see how he gets on. Go Mr Woods! Wonder if Mr Robinson will do the belaying!? k
 jon 14 Mar 2012
In reply to koalapie:

In the context of 'news' it comes a close second to Björn's other classic 'Nalle has left Rocklands'. Sorry.
 Robert Durran 14 Mar 2012
In reply to jon:
> (In reply to jonathan shepherd)
>
> Tile cutting was obviously red pointed.

That's still agood effort. I failed outright to hoover my stairs at the weekend - I simply lost motivation at the tricky corners on the 12th step despite years of pre-practice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...