UKC

Help me choose which waterproof jacket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 VernonA 12 Mar 2012
The two contenders are the Berghaus Mount Asgard and the Rab Stretch Neo.

I like the the hood and the cut of the Berghaus, but I'm not overly keen on the pockets. As for the Rab, it fits well, has better pockets, but I've never used Neoshell.

It's going to be a used as a year round waterproof for UK mountains, cragging, etc. and I tend to run hot.

Thanks in advance for helpful advice.
 Alex Slipchuk 12 Mar 2012
In reply to 23vern: whatever fits you best.
OP VernonA 12 Mar 2012
In reply to The Big Man: Is there that little difference between ProShell and NeoShell?
 Alex Slipchuk 12 Mar 2012
In reply to 23vern: don't know that for sure. But what i do know is I've owned everything from patagucci, North face, rab etc. I now buy a rab alpine latok every other year for about 100quid in a sale or similar. It suits my frame and pocket pretty well. The rest is pretty much down to marketing Gimicks and being "reassuringly expensive" Scottish winter climbing has the effect of trashing jackets. Esp chimney routes. It's only a jacket after all. And providing it keeps water out. The rest is down to wear and tear. For the record i find event the most breathable fabric I've ever used.
J1234 12 Mar 2012
In reply to 23vern:
Paramo, is far better for cragging as you can stitch it up.
 samthom 12 Mar 2012
In reply to 23vern: I'll agree with paramo, but not great if you run hot. Mountain equipment do some lovely active shell jackets, or some really cheap pro-shells if you trash jackets. Most of the above are in heavy sale at the moment, the Mountain equipment supercell is similar to the asgard, but longer and with much better pockets. Hope this helps.
OP VernonA 13 Mar 2012
Thanks guys.

I'm liking The Big Man's philosophy and choice with the Rab Latok Alpine jacket.

Food for thought.
 MGrock 18 Mar 2012
In reply to 23vern:
Mountain Equipment, can't go wrong

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...