UKC

NEWS: First 8c for Robbie Phillips

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Mar 2012
Robbie Phillips, 5 kbScottish climber Robbie Phillips has ticked his first 8c sport route with an ascent of 2x30 at the El Pati sector, Siurana, Spain.

Robbie, who has a series of coaching articles on UKC, has climbed 13 8b+s in the last year and felt it was time to step his climbing up a notch.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66977

Robert Durran 19 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

About time too, Robbie!
If you were a girl, you'd almost be world class!
 Jack Geldard 19 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: Nice one Robbie! Well done!

Jack
 McBirdy 19 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

A superb effort. Well done Robbie!

B
 buzby78 19 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome news! Well done Robster!
 marky 19 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: Nice one Robbie about time! Does that make Unjustified 8b+ then?
In reply to marky:

Thanks very much everyone! It was a great step up for me in my climbing, psyched to keep pushing. Latest thing was almost nabbing the 8c/+ variation 2nd go after "2x30"!

Mark: For me "Unjustified" was 8b+. There might be discrepancies with height I guess, but it felt pretty standard 8b+ compared with what I've done around Europe. The hardest part about it is the lack of rest between the boulder and the sustained section afterwards which is I think what makes it pretty tricky.

For me it was a 7b -> V5 -> 7c

"2x30" was more like 8a+ into a hard V6 move with a 7b+ to finish. Something along those lines anyway, definitely a step up in my opinion :P
 biscuit 19 Mar 2012
In reply to Robbie_Phillips:

Well done Robbie. I have followed your progress since meeting you in Kaly when i was on Gaz's coaching course in 2010. A lot of hard work and effort has gone into that 8c - but there's consolidation and there's consolidation ;0) 13 8b+'s before moving on ! That's an impressive number of routes at that grade on it's own.

You've obviously more in the bank yet. Get to it !
 Morgan Woods 19 Mar 2012
In reply to Robbie_Phillips: Well done on the tick and keep up the good work on the blog. It's nice to have such detailed write ups especially about the difficulties of individual moves and sections

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...