UKC

Vibram Fivefingers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Hartley 2 21 Mar 2012
I ordered some VFF Treksports the other day for trail running and they've arrived. Does anybody have any experience with these. Ordinarily I'm a 10, so I ordered a size 10 (44) but there seems to be a little give in them. Should I have gone down a size, or will they be fine with 'toe socks'.

Or will this be fine? Obivously, with no distributor locally, I had to take a gamble and order on line. I've just tried the one on for now, and it seems comfortable. I suppose I should walk around a little in them and see how they feel.
 Ander 21 Mar 2012
In reply to Fletch: What do you mean by "A little give?"

They don't need to be tight- indeed they can give blisters as they can rub in places normal shoes can't. For me, I find a 42 fits fine, I'm normally a 42 for everyday shoes (where if I were buying traditional running shoes I'd go larger).
In reply to Ander:

Basically, there was space at either the toes or the heel. They weren't a snug fit. Think I need a size 40, judging by various size conversion charts. Going to send them back and get some Spyridons.
 mrchewy 21 Mar 2012
In reply to Fletch: I went down two sizes and I can run in mine fine.
 nufkin 21 Mar 2012
In reply to Fletch:

I used the conversion chart on the Italian Five Finger website (which appears to be slightly different to the US one) and it seems to be about right. Size 42 for a 10.5in foot, if I remember correctly. It does vary model to model, though.
Carpe Diem 21 Mar 2012
In reply to all:

Are they any good? Friend who suffers from Shin splints has just ordered a pair.
I've sent them back in the end and ordered at pair of Size 40 (10 inch feet) Fivefinger Spyridon LS shoes, which have just come out. They were a little more expensive, but they're a dedicated trail running shoe which is what I wanted.

That said, Amazon's returns policy is shocking. It's taking them three weeks to refund the money I paid for the shoes, after receipt of the shoes in the post. I don't remember it taking three weeks for them to take the bloody money, so why is it taking an age to give it back.

I'll not use them again for anything like this.
Anti Podean 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Fletch:
I've never been anything but (happily) amazed at Amazon's refund policy and behaviour: no questions asked.

Were they actually from Amazon or "fulfilled by Amazon"? If the latter, the holdup may not be Amazon. Worth checking out the fine print.
 m8tey 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Fletch: hi, I always use the five fingers with the five toed socks as I find them comfier, a better fit, less sweaty and less prone to blistering?
As you get different sock thickness grades it gives you a better option for tuning the fit ----

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...