/ PodSac Back Sizes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
nbrowne - on 24 Mar 2012
Hey,

Just enquiring about PodSac Back Sizes. A lot of people I have spoke to say that its really important to adhere to the rough guidelines given for PodSacs for back lengths. I'm 6'1 so going by PodSac guidelines I should get a Size 3.

I have located a Size 2 for very little. Am I wise to go for it, or could I expect back problems when its fully loaded?

Cheers
m0unt41n on 24 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne: I'm also 6' 1" and have a size 3 X-Pod which fits me fine. Length of back more important than height so I would measure yourself first rather than just go with height. PodSacs and Crux are both excellent.
fairweatherclimber - on 24 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne:

Also consider if you want to climb with the sac. I had a Black Ice size 2. It was about right for me at 5' 10", but the length of the sac back meant I couldn't look up with a climbing helmet on - they interfered with each other and ice climbing was more difficult.

Now have a size 1 and it's much better, for me. Smaller volume also suits my needs better!
coldwill - on 25 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne: I'm 6'1" as well and use the size 2. As mentioned it's better for actually climbing with. The size 2 POD is about an inch shorter than both the new med BD Speed 40 pack and the Grivel one size Alpinist 45.
nbrowne - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to coldwill:
Cheers, I'm looking for a PodSac Black Ice - one for climbing with, but also one that can be used for a weekend of walking and wild camping aswell. Good to hear that the sizings are not that strict..

nbrowne - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to coldwill:
I believe you are selling a PodSac Black Ice Size 2? Is it still available? Possibly pictures?

n_browne2@hotmail.com
coldwill - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne: I am as it happens, picture on the way.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Andy Taylor - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne:
I am 6'2" and use a pod size 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.