UKC

Cheesewring Quarry (Cornwall) info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pyrrho101 25 Mar 2012
Anyone got a copy of the out of print Cheesewring Quarry guidebook? A scan of the sport routes would be amazing. Or, can anyone help me to add the lower grade sport routes (<7a) to my Rockfax West Country guide? I'm really near the quarry and would love to climb the sport there. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
 gg4419 25 Mar 2012
Have you checked the climbs out on the Cheesewring page on UKC? There are only a handful of lines that are less than 7a and the majority are located to the left of the Agent Provocateur wall about 25 yards along. There is also one as you enter the quarry from the main path in on the right hand side that goes at 6a I think called Old Boy perhaps? Taking a short arete with one bolt in.
 rockjedi12345 25 Mar 2012
In reply to mgranger:

There are a handfull of routes which are in the lower grades and some are very poorly protected. depending on your grade, figuzzi, lemon tree, peter, jane, purple revrac (top pitch) are all a good start. Sunset arete is a nice little climb a lot of the routes have pictures on here which may help in identifing lines.

james

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...