/ NEWS: Hayden Kennedy Climbs Indian Creek Project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 26 Mar 2012
Nick Martino trying what was to become Carbondale Short Bus, 4 kbAmerican climber Hayden Kennedy has made the first ascent of Carbondale Short Bus.

Weighing in at 5.14-, it could be the hardest route at Indian Creek, USA.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66990

Enty - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

That looks incredible.

E
Smelly Fox - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Wow! That looks an awesome climb!

Those small cams are scary on that rock! I had some much bigger ones blow on me when I was in Utah that seemed solid.

Inspiring!

Trist
tom290483 - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

now thats a proper good line.
lithos on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to tom290483:

and he can change shoes regularly mid ascent :-)
Cliff Lowther - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to lithos: HAHAHAH 3 changes I think.lol
Flashy - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to lithos: Ha! I hadn't noticed that.

Great video, I found it quite inspiring. Quite a lot of climbing vids either bore me to tears or terrify me, but for some reason this one is just fantastic.
jonathan shepherd - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: One of the best climbing videos i've seen. I'd love to see one of the actual ascent.
Toerag - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: I like the way he keeps dropping his gear, makes it look like a proper effort :-)
Kipper - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to lithos:
> (In reply to tom290483)
>
> and he can change shoes regularly mid ascent :-)

I think the video is just of some bloke trying it, not the actual ascent.
Andrew Smith - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Kipper:I agree kipper, it would be a rather shit climbing film, if it showed every bit of him trying the route. Imagine watching Steve Mcclure doing Overshadow, every second that he was there? How pants a film would that be, all the failed attempts?

Bad editing maybe for the shoe error, but f*ck me it does state in the title that it was a bit of a directors cut type edit. I enjoyed it and the route looked very nice.
Dave 88 - on 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Toerag:

Yeah I liked that too. You just know he's getting that horrible sinking feeling!
chillax - on 27 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: The ascent of the compressor route wasn't bolt free. There's a section in the statement from Kennedy and Kruk on the Alpinist site that broached the judicious use of bolts. I don't much care for the specific issue, but I do care about accurate reporting. Fair play to Kennedy, his hard new route looks very hard.
ads.ukclimbing.com
jon on 27 Mar 2012
In reply to chillax:
> in the statement from Kennedy and Kruk on the Alpinist site (...)

Talking of Kruk, I think it's worth watching this magic moment again...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHVLdhXqmU0

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.