Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Descending technique

Escher - on 31 Mar 2012
My bike seems to start wobbling when I hit 40mph down hill. It is a little disconcerting but it isn't a full on speed wobble (from what I've read that is much more severe) but scary nonetheless. I'm a bit of a pussy going down hill (but improving) any tips to deal with the wobble and tips in general?

Three club riders came past me and were sitting back and ducking down as I've seen pro riders doing. I assumed this was just for aerodynamics. I tried doing this and went much quicker, was able to ride out the bumps much better and I gripped the top tube between my knees and it all seemed much more stable (clocked 48.2 mph coming down Waddington Fell - very fast for me!), I assume then that this position is about more than just wind resistance? Seemed to work for me and I was much happier going down hill like that. Cheers
... not showing 21 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums