UKC

Short Shorts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 doz generale 02 Apr 2012
The recent fair weather has brought out this years revealing fashions for ladies and it seems to be the very short shorts. Now i'm normally a fan of short skirts and shorts on ladies but this years short shorts seem to barely the size of pants. I find it a bit off putting walking past women in the street that are basically dressed like sex workers.

A genuine question for the ladies. If you wear revealing clothes do you expect men to look at you differently? or do you expect that men will look at you in the same way they would if you were more covered up?
 Boogs 02 Apr 2012
In reply to doz generale:

Sorry Doz ( I'm a bloke ) , but I was treated to a viewing of my girly friends new running shorts last night , these here ; http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-102001/pid-498424...

have to say they look better on & she has nice long legs , I did mention to her that I think when shes out running in these she may get a few more beeps from male drivers than usual . I'm not sure if they would be entirely suitable for bimbling round the supermarket in though ?

I think if I was to notice a young lady wandering around in similar shorts it would up my walking into things factor massively & I may have to sue . What are my chances of winning such a case I wonder ?

Little Brew 02 Apr 2012
In reply to doz generale: i saw an example of this just last week, Short shorts that were at the very top of her legs, so much that is she sat down the hem would disappear in to the fold of the joint, and black tights.... and she was not a particularly thin lady, in fact she was about my build. and NO i would not be seen dead in public in that outfit, in fact my PJ shorts covered more!!!
 tlm 02 Apr 2012

Don't they give them a pain in the funami?
 Jaffacake 02 Apr 2012

For tannin', innit.

Actually I do want some short shorts. To wear under skirts, so that when I'm being un-ladylike instead of flashing everyone my pants I can flash them my short shorts.

I don't really think of them as that revealing or making someone look like a sex worker though in the context of when it's really sunny, it's only legs, I guess I wouldn't really think twice at people wearing bikini's in that weather either. When people are wearing no clothes in the sunshine it makes me feel like I'm on holiday (my childhood summers generally involved at least a month on Spanish beaches, so this seems fairly normal attire for the sunshine).

Wearing what is essentially a bikini at night, that's when you start to look like a sex worker.

I don't expect men to treat me like a sex worker because I'm wearing less clothes than I normally would because it's lovely and sunny (although I do not walk around in a bikini, if I did I imagine people would look at me going 'jesus woman, we don't want to see that!'), in that situation I would not consider such clothing to be someone inviting the attention in the same way it might on a night out.
 owlart 02 Apr 2012
In reply to doz generale: As is often the case with such fashion, it seems that the rule of inverse proportions frequently applies here too - the more is on display, the less you'd like to see.
 EeeByGum 02 Apr 2012
In reply to Jaffacake:
> it's only legs,

Do bum cheeks now count as legs?
 thin bob 02 Apr 2012
In reply to owlart:
> (In reply to doz generale) As is often the case with such fashion, it seems that the rule of inverse proportions frequently applies here too - the more is on display, the less you'd like to see.

http://formyenemies.tumblr.com/post/5856698175/oh-lemmy-those-shorts
 Boogs 02 Apr 2012
In reply to thin bob:

Bob No , No & thrice No !

Bulls Crack 02 Apr 2012

It's mot about women wanting men to look at them..or so i'm often told...it's about 'feeling confident/comfortable with how they look.

Tell that to biology!
 thin bob 02 Apr 2012
In reply to boogie man:
> (In reply to thin bob)
> [...]
>
>
> Bob No , No & thrice No !

ah, yer jealous!
hope all good, Mister!
 Boogs 02 Apr 2012
In reply to thin bob:
> (In reply to thin bob)
> or
> http://www.apparelsearch.com/definitions/clothing/daisy_dukes.htm
>
> aka coochie-cutters

Thin Bob by posting this link you have just caused me numerous flashbacks of teenage guilt and depravity !

Nice one . . . ;0)
 Boogs 02 Apr 2012
In reply to thin bob:

All good down here Stew cheers 80) , I'm working in smokey for a few days over next month or so I'll give you a shout , to see if you're around for a few beerios matey ?

Also I'm trying to convince my business partner we don't need to take the sound system to France in June and that St Agnes is a far better option ;0) I'll keep you & Sam informed mate . Best go & do some more work now , catch you later bud .

Leon
 muppetfilter 02 Apr 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:

> Do bum cheeks now count as legs?

You too have seen the larger lady sporting an "Arse Muffin Top" ... certain fashions are less than flattering on the more agricultural of ladies.
 chris fox 02 Apr 2012
In reply to muppetfilter:
> (In reply to EeeByGum)
>
> [...]
>
>
> the more agricultural of ladies.

Never heard that expression....... I like it.

EeeByGum 02 Apr 2012

> You too have seen the larger lady sporting an "Arse Muffin Top" ... certain fashions are less than flattering on the more agricultural of ladies.

This I have seen, but it is worth noting that exposing the gusset of your tights because you are wearing short shorts is not a good look regardless of your weight.
 muppetfilter 02 Apr 2012
In reply to EeeByGum: I am glad you used the Word Gusset, It is one of those Ronseal "Does what it says on the tin ", type words.
Maybe we should tax the inapropriately dressed lasses as surely it does as much harm as twenty Benson's.
 EeeByGum 02 Apr 2012
>
> Maybe we should tax the inapropriately dressed lasses as surely it does as much harm as twenty Benson's.

Now now - steady lad. Don't do anything too hasty!
 Tiberius 02 Apr 2012

Some women have a wonderful ability to dress in a manner that makes them look even more attractive than they are...some have the opposite ability I guess.

I followed a girl to work this morning who probably wouldn't look so hot in short shorts, but the subtle swaying under a knee lenth tight wollen skirt was very enticing.

All in, summer brings out the best and worst of both schools.
 Clarence 02 Apr 2012
In reply to muppetfilter
> Maybe we should tax the inapropriately dressed lasses as surely it does as much harm as twenty Benson's.

I'd tax inappropriately dressed ladies, and I have a feeling that they would tax me somewhat...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...