UKC

Cheap 35mm Film!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RyanC 03 Apr 2012
For anybody who still shoots with film, Poundland have got Kodak Color Plus (24EXP 200ISO) going for £1 (obviously!) each. I bought 15!

RC
fijibaby 03 Apr 2012
In reply to RyanC: Cool! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be filling a bag full tomorrow!
 Blue Straggler 04 Apr 2012
In reply to RyanC:
Large branches of Morrisons sell 3-packs of some bog-standard Fuji ASA200 colour neg 24-exp for £2.98 - even cheaper per frame than Poundland
OP RyanC 04 Apr 2012
In reply to RyanC: Out of interest, where do people get their films processed? I've been using Max Spielmann who have produced consistently good results at a decent price and will put the images on CD for £4(24EXP) or £5 (36 EXP).

I heard recently that Truprint used to process onto CD for 99p and send you a free film with every film developed but after a quick scan of their webpage, it seems that they now only offer digital image printing services. Does anybody know of any company(ies) (mail order or otherwise) that will put the images onto CD for significantly less than £4/5 a roll?

RC
 Blue Straggler 04 Apr 2012
In reply to RyanC:

You will be hard pressed to beat that. I don't think my local Max Spielmann knows what film is, sadly. I use Jessops (£6 for process and scan, £2.50 extra if you want prints, you get a free generic ASA200 Fuji print film and it is next-day service) or Tesco (~£8 for process, prints and scan to CD done within an hour usually) as they are my most convenient. Tesco seems to print better but this is branch-specific as it all depends on how well maintained the minilab is. I have used an Asda but it was less convenient and less consistent (though they did not quibble when I asked for prints to be done again due to a blue colour cast). There is a big Morrisons which does it all for about a fiver but it's miles away and the minilab shuts at 6 anyway, no good for me.
I tried Truprint about 4 years ago - dreadful results from "bombproof" colour neg. I'll stick with my Jessops and Tesco.

Latest results from Tesco (test roll from newly re-sealed Nikon EM): http://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-straggler/sets/72157629727806011/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...