UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: JetBoil Sumo TI Cooking System

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 05 Apr 2012
Jetboil Sumo TI, 2 kbAn ideal balance of power, weight, speed, and convenience, the Sumo TI is designed to fuel group cooking in the outdoors.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4545
 Alex Slipchuk 05 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: it would be great if the pot is available on it's own to upgrade from flash for higher capacity and ease of storage of larger canister.
In reply to The Big Man: The impression I got from the website link was that it was to be available separately.

It is the first Jetboil product that has me serious considering buying one. My current set-up is a MSR 2 litre Titan pan and I consider a pan of a similar size as essential.

On a more general point, I like the slightly taller thinner aspect ratio compared to the lower, wider MSR Titan pan. I will certainly be having a play the first time I see one in the flesh in a gearshop and will also be interested to see if the Sumo pot would be compatible with an Omnifuel or Omnilite Ti.
In reply to UKC Gear: i make ultra light weight hanging kits for flash. All stored in pot.
In reply to The Big Man:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) i make ultra light weight hanging kits for flash. All stored in pot.

Image available on profile.
m0unt41n 05 Apr 2012
In reply to m0unt41n: at that price I'd give it a miss
 lanc23 05 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: I bought a Sol Ti and purchased the sumo seperately. Very pleased with it! It's amazingly good as a big pot. pasta or Wayfarers... :p
In reply to lanc23: stick yer wayfarers in the let with cold water. By the time the water's boiled the foods ready and you've got a brew as well. Simples!
 jonnie3430 12 Apr 2012
In reply to Burton McCall:

Why pay £30 when you can do it easily, or use some climbing gear? http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=478679&v=1#x6596412

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...