UKC

London indoor climbing walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alexjz 08 Apr 2012
Hi, I've just moved to London and am wondering what my options are for indoor climbing. What is your favourite climlbing wall in London? why? What are the prices? what area is it in?

I also need a partner for indoor routes, so if you're keen, gimme a shout.

Cheers, Alex
 struds 08 Apr 2012
I climb at the castle (and live almost next door), it has good route setting and variety but is very busy, especially weekday evenings :/ it's a bit more expensive than places like mile end.

I'm looking for a climbing partner indoors and out after my usual guy moved back to new zealand, I also have a car and all the gear, if you want to do some climbing at the castle let me know !

Stephen
Tony6 10 Apr 2012
The castle is good and it has a nice cafe. If you can get there on a weekday afternoon it is fairly quiet. I will be there tomorrow afternoon if you want to join me.

Tony
 Monkeyrock 10 Apr 2012
In reply to alexjz: Check out the Reach, in SE London. Good vibe, great routes and bouldering and not as pricey as some. There is a meetup group on a tue and thurs night to meet and climb with others.
 SCC 10 Apr 2012
In reply to alexjz:

Where abouts are you based?

Si
offthewall 10 Apr 2012
In reply to alexjz:
I like it at The Reach in Woolwich
 Ramblin dave 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Tony6:
The Castle is pretty expensive for a one-off bouldering session, though. Particularly since they seem to have randomly started setting loads fewer routes so there aren't as many in there as there used to be.

Also it's a bit weird that almost all the routes in there now have approximate grades (eg V1-V3) so it's pretty hard to actually pick stuff at your level on a one-off visit.
leftleg 10 Apr 2012
In reply to alexjz:
The Castle is worth a visit, but pricy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...