Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Bivvi bag and sleeping mat

Jones_88 - on 08 Apr 2012

Im off to the alps for 2 weeks in july to do a few 4000m peaks and hopefully finish off with mt blanc. We will be Using huts but saving some cash by biving as well.
I don't own a bivi bag at the moment and I think my shitty millets roll mat could do with upgrading as I am fed up of feeling like Im sleeping on a bag of rocks.

Budget for my bivy is around 50-80ish - main use is this and future alpine trips and the odd clear/lightly rainy night in the uk

Budget for my mat is around 60 - 90ish as I will use my mat for sleeping on in my tent,with the bivy and when ever I go camping so getting more use out of it so i reckon i can justify a bigger budget.

Ideally a self inflating mat that doesn't weigh a great deal, is quite tough and is kind to my poorly spine.
Don't really care that much about the bivy as long as it works.
Could stretch to a dearer mat if it isn't prone to puncturing on rocks and gets me a good night sleep.

Any advice/piss taking/constructive crisicism welcome.

Thanks.
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums