UKC

taking back seats out of micra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 1906johns 11 Apr 2012
got a y reg micra and want to increase fuel efficency and give it a but more umph up hills...does anyone know how easy it is to take out back seats ?

alex
 wilkie14c 11 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns:
do you really think this is going to make a difference worth having?
Bimbler 11 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns:

Lol, have you actually tried yet?
OP 1906johns 11 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns: can't hurt can it and no not yet
Bimbler 11 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns:

Well give it ago then and report back your findings... I suspect it will be easy and make a difference. I imagine it will also make your car much noiser too.
 thin bob 11 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns:
check with your insurer if it counts as modifying the vehicle. could cost you dear of you have an accident.
 ginsters 11 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns:

back in the day they stripped the underseal of mini rally cars to get the weight off!! nuts
 Jacob Ram 11 Apr 2012
In reply to thin bob: Will also cost you dearer if you choose to cross the Severn Bridge.
 muppetfilter 11 Apr 2012
In reply to thin bob: Adding seats, yes... removing them I doubt it.
To improve efficiency you could also try just driving in a thong thus shedding the excess weight of clothing and possibly a good wax (the car not you) will make it cut through the air like a Knife. Also drive 5ft from the bumper of the car infront to make use of valuable slipstreams. This could however lead to a rather embarassing altercation revolving around road rage due to you only being in a thong and stood next to a mirrorlike Micra.
 bradholmes 12 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns: I genuinely wouldn't bother. The removal of 30kg from a micra will not make a noticeable difference, a feck off big turbo's what you need................

gethin_allen 12 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns:
Changing your driving style will likely make much more sense. Pulling away slowly and smoothly, driving at the optimum speed on the motorway ( about 60 mph probably), not accelerating towards red lights.
 jkarran 12 Apr 2012
In reply to 1906johns:

Flip them up and have a look, it'll be a few bolts at most, more likely just a pin or a bit if jiggling.

Can't see the point personally!
jk
 EeeByGum 12 Apr 2012
In reply to bradholmes:
> (In reply to 1906johns) I genuinely wouldn't bother. The removal of 30kg from a micra will not make a noticeable difference, a feck off big turbo's what you need................

I disagree. You certainly notice the difference when you have a passenger. There is also quite a lot of people who advocate only ever filling your tank half full for the same reason.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...