ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Reiff and NW recommendations

Jon Stewart - on 12 Apr 2012

Hi all

I'm heading up to the North West area in a few weeks, and expect to be visiting Reiff a fair bit, as I imagine it gets the best weather.

What's not to be missed in the E1-4 grades? E4 would be pushing the boat out, but if it's my style (i.e. more pulling on holds than graunching up a crack) it might be worth a go.

Also, what about crack horrors around the same sort of grades? One of the party is well into them - I think she'll be unable to resist a tussle with Burning Desire. Only thing is, I'll end up having to second her on these things.

Also, I'm obviously concerned about the midges. Surely there are venues where they can be escaped - i.e. by the sea? Or are we just f^cked wherever we go?

I definitely want to do a day at Sheigra - probably the crag I most want to visit on the UK mainland, and route choice there looks obvious: get up early and do as many classics as you can.

And any other tips re. venue choice/conditions that'll help make a good trip would be ever so welcome. We're staying near Ullapool so there's loads both up and down the coast...can't wait!

Thanks,
Jon
... not showing 22 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums