/ Some recent shots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nadir khan - on 12 Apr 2012
Just back from a family trip to New York for wifes' birthday , Great place for photography , lots of soaring lines , sparkly lights and yellow cabs. have put some photos on a blog , any constructive critique welcome
http://nadirkhanphotography.co.uk/blog/?p=294
myth - on 12 Apr 2012
In reply to Nadir khan: Liking the photos. What lenses did you use? same for the morocco shots?!
Nadir khan - on 13 Apr 2012
In reply to myth:
> (In reply to Nadir khan) Liking the photos. What lenses did you use? same for the morocco shots?!

Pretty much my standard combo 17-40 f4, 70-200f4 and 50 1.4, tried to vary it a bit as everything looks a bit samey with the wide angle . Some places we're a bit twitchy about taking pics especially around ground zero. Think I need to get the 50mm calibrated as it seems to focus a few centimetres behind . Have you experienced this on any lenses ?
gethin_allen on 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Nadir khan:
I like No. 3960. although it does look like Boris is sitting at the end of the bar reading the Torygraph
Skyfall - on 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Nadir khan:

Nice shots. Funnily it was a trip to NY a few months ago which inspired me to get back into photography after a bit of a break from it. Fascinating place visually.
Nadir khan - on 13 Apr 2012
In reply to gethin_allen:
> (In reply to Nadir khan)
> I like No. 3960. although it does look like Boris is sitting at the end of the bar reading the Torygraph
the barman was just about to tell me to stop but i just managed to get the shot
Ken Lewis - on 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Nadir khan:

I love these shots, I never had the balls to get my camera out on the subway cause i'm too soft. And what is that red circle thing?

On the shot from (I assume) the top of the rock, with it being such a clear night where you not tempted to get out a longer lens for some closer downtown skyline shots?
Nadir khan - on 14 Apr 2012
In reply to Ken Lewis:
> (In reply to Nadir khan)
>
> I love these shots, I never had the balls to get my camera out on the subway cause i'm too soft. And what is that red circle thing?
>
> On the shot from (I assume) the top of the rock, with it being such a clear night where you not tempted to get out a longer lens for some closer downtown skyline shots?
Thanks, the red thing is a modern sculpture outside one of the buildings just off Wall St, it had a hole in it so thought it was an interesting angle . I almost got into trouble for the shot in the bar though. i did take some shots on the subway lying on my back of a busker , my family disowned me .

i did a few shots with the 200 but prefer the wider angle . there was just a limit to what i thought i could put on the blog .
Nadir khan - on 14 Apr 2012

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.