Local Areas forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Portland (Cheyne Area) Clean up Any Volunteers?

nealh - on 13 Apr 2012
On the morning of the 28th April we are planning a clean up operation in conjunction with the local Countryside Warden. The aim is to remove rubbish from below the carpark and generally smarten the place up as part of the preparation for the Olympic events later this summer. Climbers have been asked to help out as the area will need to be accessed by rope and many heavy items of rubbish will need to be hauled out.

If you are planning to be on the Island this Saturday and you can spare an hour or so before the sun hits the west coast your help will be greatly appreciated. This is a great opportunity for us as climbers to score brownie points and helps greatly with ongoing accesss negociations. Thanks to those locals who have already offered to help.

I should be able to provide enough ropes so you won't need to worry about knackering your equipment.
... not showing 57 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums