Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Alaska or Himalaya

Scholes - on 13 Apr 2012
With my year off from work coming up in 2014-2015, I'm looking for help deciding where to go in the months around April - June.

I've always wanted to hit up the Cassin on Denali and I'd actually have the time.

I've always wanted to make some sort of big trip to the Himalaya.

Not worried too much about cost, but I know Alaksa will end up being cheaper overall.

Due to work (teacher) and not being able to disappear during a regular school year I work from late August until end of June usually which stops me from big trips to far off places. I do have a full 14 months off work (paid) but might not get another year off in this decade, and who knows, I'll probably do the whole family and kids thing so my expenses might limit me in the future anyway.

So with one big crack at some massive great trip, to a range that I most likely won't be able to visit for a while (not saying ever, but it might be a good few years before going back)... which would you choose?

Peaks and climbs in both areas definetly interest me.
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums